Poweramp

Reaction score
I think $5 is a little inflated. Very very few apps cost that much, and as nice as Poweramp is it's not dramatically better than anything else.

The EQ stuff is largely inconsequential unless you're just running straight headphones. I don't, so I just leave Poweramp at flat and use the EQ in my car. It's still nice though.

You won't find a prettier player though. I have had some performance issues though, even setting the memory buffer to "Huge". Some mp3s still skip, which I think is ridiculous.

I'm using the free version now, debating buying it. Recently the widget disappeared and isn't on my widgets list anymore. I'm not sure if that's a trial thing or not. Just thought it was strange.

I'm leaning on buying it, but not really convinced yet. I'd say it's better than any other player hands down, just not sure if it's $5 better.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd agree that $5 in comparison to other app prices is a bit much, but PowerAmp is definitely worthy of being a pay-for app.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Music Player Pro is another worthy one.
About $1 less.

I could not decide between that one and PowerAMP so I just went with the free WinAMP. For now.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is poweramp worth the 5$?
Worth is always subjective, regardless of topic. I don't see the point in polling other people to determine your preference. Some will say yes. Some will say no. Try it and the alternatives out and decide for yourself.