Power burning fast in S4

mikemullen

Reaction score
The battery of my S4 run out really fast.

I need an extended battery.

any idea,dude?

I read the price range is big difference from different brand!!

Hard to choose the right one, but atleast it should not like a bomb on my pocket

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

A spare battery may be a better idea than an extended battery. At the moment the extended batteries are all larger than the original and require a different back cover for the phone because of the increased size.

How fast are you going through a charge? There may be a reason/solution that could help.

Caesars

Reaction score
The battery of my S4 run out really fast.

I need an extended battery.

any idea,dude?

I read the price range is big difference from different brand!!

Hard to choose the right one, but atleast it should not like a bomb on my pocket

How fast does it go? Extended batteries are awesome if you don't mind bulk- if you do mind bulk you can pick up the extra batteries /dock chargers.

GS4/iPhone5

OP
M

mikemullen

Reaction score
loss almost 30%-40% when sleep, but I already stop any network and the apps. I m sure no apps is running there.

bulky is ok for me, i dun care

bros, just check out a brand. Any idea for this stuff?
I am concern the safety, I look the review from other users sounds great

http://www.mugenpoweronline.com/zaspx/default.aspx

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you have a problem that needs to be fixed rather than looking for additional power. My loss is 4% over night, never more. That's with WiFi and GPS on, just sleeping.

OP
M

mikemullen

Reaction score
But i still interested the battery i mentioned above.

Long time no need to charge if use it....really nice

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thab my one is really sick :blink:

Yes it is. When looking at battery use overnight what are the top 3 items?

I'm using the stock ROM and a lot of the settings are on however much of what I do on the phone is on--demand rather than automatic. As an example, I only get mail when I open my mail app so I may be considered an extreme battery saver but your use is off the charts.

OP
M

mikemullen

Reaction score
I also play a lot movie and youtube in the day time.

Caesars

Reaction score
That is definitely a phone issue, however Seidio makes a extended battery and case. You pay a bit more but they're excellent quality

GS4/iPhone5

OP
M

mikemullen

Reaction score
That is definitely a phone issue, however Seidio makes a extended battery and case. You pay a bit more but they're excellent quality

GS4/iPhone5

I have checked,Seidio one got 4500mAh only, Mugen Power got 5500mAh

Both of them also bulky, i rather to choose the higher capacity one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like you have a rogue app or maybe even a hardware issue. You may want to look more into those before investing in an extended battery. I mean if it's eating up to 40% during the time you sleep then you'll just end up saying the extended battery isn't lasting as long as it should be, and it won't as long as this odd issue remains.

Try downloading a battery monitor app such as GSam. It'll give you a breakdown of what apps are eating up your battery the most and so on. If it's not a rogue app then it could very well be a hardware issue that should be brought up to your service provider or Samsung.

OP
M

mikemullen

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a rogue app or maybe even a hardware issue. You may want to look more into those before investing in an extended battery. I mean if it's eating up to 40% during the time you sleep then you'll just end up saying the extended battery isn't lasting as long as it should be, and it won't as long as this odd issue remains.

Try downloading a battery monitor app such as GSam. It'll give you a breakdown of what apps are eating up your battery the most and so on. If it's not a rogue app then it could very well be a hardware issue that should be brought up to your service provider or Samsung.

thz man, i checked every apps workout good, just send my handset back to Samsung

QNS1000

Reaction score
You may need to consider wireless charging as a backup solution.I use my CHOE Qi wireless Charging package from amazon with my Galaxy S4 and i really like it.