Possible MAJOR problem with Android Market

R

richz

On the iPHone, the APP store has a number on it indicating you have an update. I cannot find this on the droid. How can you tell if you have an update for an app on the Droid? Possible Fail? or am i missing something

Help OUT!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Go to Downloads (Menu Button - then Downloads) in the market and it will tell you. It's also in your notification bar if you haven't cleared it.

OP
R

richz

I've never seen it in the Notifications that i have an update...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
when an update is released it will show on the notification bar with a little market sign.

If you've never seen it then it means your phone is up to date with the apps and all that...

OP
R

richz

Just tried the download option, works perfectly, once again DROID PULLS THROUGH, RIP IPHONE 2007-2009

Droids

Reaction score
As others pointed out, you shouldn't need to check the downloads area. (doesn't hurt but you shouldn't need to) You will get a notification whenever there is an update to any app you have installed.

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Just tried the download option, works perfectly, once again DROID PULLS THROUGH, RIP IPHONE 2007-2009

Maybe you should think about revising your thread title then...:)

Perhaps to "Possible MAJOR problem with my search skills."

:wink:

texasPI

Reaction score

Maybe you should think about revising your thread title then...:)

Perhaps to "Possible MAJOR problem with my search skills."

:wink:
u mad bro?

I don't know how anyone would get that impression. I mean he has smileys and everything. Maybe some are too sensitive for people not being "nice".

Btw, mine used to show update notifications in the status bar but no longer does. I have to manually check.

phone

Reaction score
You can toggle notification of updates on and off. Go to Market/Downloads/Menu/Notifications
hth,

texasPI

Reaction score
You can toggle notification of updates on and off. Go to Market/Downloads/Menu/Notifications
hth,

Yeah mine is set to notify but still nothing. Oh well...I check manually several times a day when I'm bored anyway so no biggie I guess.

gmack35

Reaction score
seems like the notifications don't come thru instantly. i checked manually this morning and had 2 updates but didn't download them. later in the afternoon i got the notification that i had updates for those 2 apps.