Possible bootloop...Please help

hendrixvanwylde

Reaction score
I downloaded and was attempting to flash Bean's Custom Stock Rom Build 8 and may have potentially run into a problem...I wiped cache/dalvik cache and also wiped all data before installing the .zip...I installed the .zip file, and it read like it appeared to have flashed correctly. When I reboot the phone, it keeps rebooting me into recovery. I don't know which direction to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
H

hendrixvanwylde

Reaction score
I think this may have to do with the fact I was using clockwork touch version 5.8.0.2...I made a backup before I tried to flash the new ROM, but in recovery, there aren't any files in the backup/restore folder...As said before, I'm stuck rebooting into recovery? Thoughts??

Reaction score
In the backup/ restore folder do you have a choice of restoring from phone Or external sd?

akiles

Reaction score
Did you wipe cache and davlik AFTER flashing the rom?
Are you unlocked?

I would:
wipe cache and davlik
fix permissions (advanced->fix perm)
Turn off phone
Remove batt
Re-insert batt
Hold home+volup then press and hold power until you see "botting recovery" in blue on top left corner
Hit reboot system

If I were you, I'd try to use TWRP (but I'm not familiar with the requirements of that ROM.) Touch recovery has never worked for me -can't restore. CWM lumps all backups. K-exec enabled cwm is a little better but backups and restores are also lumped into one and it takes forever.

It is also possible something failed when you tried to flash the rom originally. If that does not work, try wiping data, then re-flash the zip and then wipe, reboot, etc. Also check the zip file you flashed. Does it have the right size as the file in the repository?

Hope it helps.