Poor batter performance even with the extended battery! Help!!

amujahid

Reaction score
I have had the extended battery for a few months now on my rezound. I start my day around 7am checking email infrequently until about 9am. I have set my email accounts' (4 of them) send receive frequenecy to every 2 hours since I am at my desk all day and dont need to get my mail instantly on my phone. I also have the brightness turned down while I am at work. I have installed the "Advanced Task Killer" app as well. Even with all of these settings, my phone (almost like clockwork) is at 8% battery by 4pm. I am not "hands off" all day, but I do use my phone to play a couple of rounds of Words With Friends, maybe check my FB updates a couple of times, troll the internet 2 or 3 times during the day (for google searches) and that's about it..by by 4pm my battery indicator is red and the phone dies by the time I get home by 5/5:30.

Oh, and yes, I charge my phone all night with the wall charger so I start my day at 100% battery.

Any advice would be appreciated!

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Just plug your phones USB in at your desk. Try turning your power mode on economy that helps a lot

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

TWC42

Reaction score
Try using the "Mobile" widget to turn data off when you are not using it, and only turn it on when you are using an app that requires internet access. If that doesn't help much, are you in a 4G area? If not, go to settings under Wireless & Networks, Mobile networks, network mode, and select CDMA only. This should stop the radio from looking for 4G. While the display uses the most power, weak signals also cause the phone to put out more power trying to communicate with the towers. Minimize that communicating (by turning off data when not in use) will save some power.

OP
amujahid

amujahid

Reaction score
soo....turn off 4G, switch to economy power mode, and use a widget to turn off data when not in use. So in other words, I have to "dumb down" my phone in order for it to perform optimally? It's a shame...I had high hopes for this device. I love the phone itself..but coming from a blackberry which lasted me 2 days on a single charge, to this, is just not the experience I was hoping for.

hopefully the next generation of 4G phones can meet expectations a little better.

Thanks though for all of your advice. I will try it out.

TWC42

Reaction score
soo....turn off 4G, switch to economy power mode, and use a widget to turn off data when not in use. So in other words, I have to "dumb down" my phone in order for it to perform optimally? It's a shame..
Thanks though for all of your advice. I will try it out.
It may be the area you are in that doesn't have strong signals, so it's not totally the fault of the phone. Where I live, 4G is good, signals are strong, and the standard battery lasts all day with moderate use. In an area not covered by Verizon (roaming on USCC) where I spend weekends, data is 1X, signals are weak, and I have a tough time making it through the day on the extended battery, with relatively little use, even when turning data off when not in use. So aside from the power used by the display, the other culprit is the signal strength in your area. It would probably suck down the battery on any smartphone you had, not just the Rezound. The battery on my wife's Droid 2 dies quickly in the extended area as well.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have an Extended battery and aren't getting 14 hours+ of battery life with moderate to heavy use, you could have a bad battery or a bad phone. I could run my extended battery for well over 24 hours. I think I topped out at ~36 hours with moderate/heavy use(as is my usual). I was running an ICS ROM at the time but I remember being on GB wasn't all that bad either.

OP
amujahid

amujahid

Reaction score
If you have an Extended battery and aren't getting 14 hours+ of battery life with moderate to heavy use, you could have a bad battery or a bad phone. I could run my extended battery for well over 24 hours. I think I topped out at ~36 hours with moderate/heavy use(as is my usual). I was running an ICS ROM at the time but I remember being on GB wasn't all that bad either.

I'm only getting about 8-9 hours with the extended batter with moderate use. And that's after a full night's charge. Maybe I'll go to verizon and have them look at it.

Thanks guys.