Podcast apps - is there one that does it all?

seventieslord

Reaction score
I have found that stitcher has an incredible selection of podcasts, but I can't download them to listen to later on. It requires a constant connection, and my signal at work is terrible.

There are apps that call themselves "podcast managers" and they can download podcasts for later listening... but the selection of podcasts is really minimal from what I have seen.

Can anyone recommend a couple of apps that have a good selection of podcasts AND let you download?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jbeach66

Reaction score
check out doggcatcher

I have found that stitcher has an incredible selection of podcasts, but I can't download them to listen to later on. It requires a constant connection, and my signal at work is terrible.

There are apps that call themselves "podcast managers" and they can download podcasts for later listening... but the selection of podcasts is really minimal from what I have seen.

Can anyone recommend a couple of apps that have a good selection of podcasts AND let you download?

Does a geat job

podcastlover

Reaction score
NEED a better app for my podcasts

I hate having to rely on a good signal to use stitcher (wouldnt mind a larger directory either, cough Nerdist cough).

Not down for 5 dollar doggcatcher.

I need my podcasts. When I'm on the bus, it has to be working.

Maybe i'll check out this VoAudio.

OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
I'm not adverse to paying for a good app... I have a ton of apps, and have probably spent $150 ever. That's more than fair.

I'm downloading doggcatcher now. Having read the reviews, it looks like it may indeed be the best.

I offerd to beta test voaudio as well... let's see how it stacks up.

coaxial

Reaction score
I use pocket cast, I download on wifi and listen later. nice search and i have found every pod cast that I like

OP
S

seventieslord

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention, I tried doggcatcher and it has exceede my expectation. Everything I was after, and more.

bacchus71

Reaction score
I've been using pocket cast also, does what you are looking for and is a very solid app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

vaoaudio_team

Reaction score
Thanks for helping us test out the app, looking forward to having your input!

I'm not adverse to paying for a good app... I have a ton of apps, and have probably spent $150 ever. That's more than fair.

I'm downloading doggcatcher now. Having read the reviews, it looks like it may indeed be the best.

I offerd to beta test voaudio as well... let's see how it stacks up.

Thanks for helping us test out the app, looking forward to having your input!

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
I use carcast. It's simple but it let's me tell it when to download and then does it automatically. Also has an option to prevent downloading if not on wifi in case u need to save data. The developer also responds quickly to emailed suggestions - I find that to be a huge plus! You can record audio too...

Sent from my HTC Rezound.