PLZ help.. unroot droid 2

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
Are you running rsd as administrator?

it actually wouldn't give me the option unless I opened the application from the program directory. but ya just tried that. with same results

I should also mention I've tried with USB in pc mode as well as mass storage and with debugging on and off. I'm sure it's some mundane detail screwin me over too.

Snow02

Reaction score
Dude. You have to be in the bootloader :facepalm:

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
Dude. You have to be in the bootloader :facepalm:

umm ya.... like said I tried it from the main system and directly from a manual " boot to bootloader " it fails

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
bump** I'm ready to keep tackling this.... I'm not a complete noob, just noob to droid (I've tackled this same task on iOS three times with ease) just couldn't believe an open system could be so complicated.

anyway I tried for 8 hours, every setting and every variation I could think of to complete the flash. still open to different process'. even superoneclick if someone can explain the virus alert.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
The SBF will return you to stock..."out of the box" set up. Just curious....have you tried to download either the TBH Triple threat.....or ROM manager? ROM manager I believe installs a new Clockworkmod which might help you. Also....I didn't read all of this as I am at work but did you reinstall Droid Bootstrap? You are talking about a X right? I have had horrible luck with RSD on DX and D2's....lastly I know if you use that Superoneclick that is in the andyapppack it has an "unroot" option....give it a shot.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
again....IME's....RSD does NOT work right for the DX or the D2\D2G....for the DX I ALWAYS use Superoneclick and Droid X Bootstrap Recovery. So in your case....if you sent me your phone I would first try to uninstall\reinstall Droid X Bootstrap Recovery (or recovery bootstrap....whatever it is) and use Superoneclick to try and unroot then reroot if you wanted root.

Rooting with Superoneclick takes about 4 seconds.

Snow02

Reaction score
Rsd works fine.

The virus alert for superoneclick is due to the rageagainstthecage root exploit. Since those malicious apps that were removed from the market recently also used it, it is now detected as a virus. Nothing to worry about.