PLZ help.. unroot droid 2

Lostin

Reaction score
sorry if this threads out there somewhere but i've been looking for days and can't find anything straight forward, all walkthru's have some sort of problem.

Anyway, my buddy rooted my wifes droid 2 and it's all kind's of buggy. keyboard malfunctions, screen lockups, sms text issues etc etc. anyway i'm kind of desperate for a straight forward process to get rid of this, hopefully with links for files or whatever..

btw the closest i've come is at How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid 2 | TheUnlockr but the firmware file is damaged

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
flash failed

okay so followed the d2 link, downloaded the tbh full sbf, drivers and rsd 4.8, followed the thread upgraded to rsd 4.9, followed thread to it's end and no responses to others having this same problem

Each attempt rsd failed the process after rebooting to bootloader, tried manually booting to bootloader rsd failed. tried booting to recovery and wiping data and cache. attempt both way's again, rsd failed.

i'm not bad at this stuff what am i doing wrong.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you install the drivers? Downloading them alone is not enough.

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
flash fail

ya, downloaded installed updated re-installed. everything i could think of

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Is RSD not seeing the phone? What exactly is your issue?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
no it saw the device, after one second it just said failed under status (after booting to bootloader), but i just got it to pass.... but it didn't take a process...?? 1 seconed after the click, it said passed... is that right?

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
there it is... result = failed
status = failed flashing process failed flashing process (0x7100) phone connected.

and after the pass (that one time, it's failing now) no reboot no nothing, still appears rooted

Snow02

Reaction score
Put the sbf file in the rsd lite folder. That should do it.

It's in program files\motorola.

Program files (x86)\motorola if you're on x64.

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
yep same thing, although it looked more hopeful. right after reaching bootloader process fails. and immediatly if attempted from bootloader...

Is there a better way than rsd? completely open for other process' other than this one.. feel like smashing it and paying the insurance lol

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can download that "andyapppack.zip" I have in the DX version of rooting in my sig. It has superoneclick which roots DX's in about 3 seconds. Should work on D2 as well.

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
does that work for unrooting? I followed the d2 link in your sig to get the SPF file. I just want this gone...

and do i gotta worry about a virus alert coming up with andyapppack?? whats that about?

louy99

Reaction score
What kind of computer are you using to sbf your d2?

Sent from my DROID2

OP
L

Lostin

Reaction score
What kind of computer are you using to sbf your d2?

Sent from my DROID2

windows vista 64 bit.

oh. I've also tried using rsd 4.7 + patch 4.8 and 4.9 -nd doubt any of those to be the problem. it has no problem seeing the d2. it just fails.