Please help

theothor1080

Reaction score
I just rooted and put Liberty on my phone, My contacts are gone and I had over 200....Is there a way to get them back, or remove Liberty to start over??

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to the verizon website and login then find the backup assistant section and export a csv of your contacts and then transfer it on to either your SD card or your gmail contacts online. If you transfer it to the SD then you can import it in to your contacts, and if you export it to good then it should sync to your phone next time it does a data sync.

tappin and a talkin

SplicedX

Reaction score
Did you back up your contacts and apps with google? Did you make a nandroid backup prior to installation of Liberty? Usually, when the rom first loads, you are promoted to sign into google.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It happens all the time. Droid two tends to back yo contacts exclusively to backup assistant and not to Google. After you export the contacts from backup assistant and follow either of my methods for getting them on to your phone they should properly be syncd to Google.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you made a backup before flashing it then you would just have to restore the backup. Otherwise you would have to sbf.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

theothor1080

Reaction score
I backed it up, but when Liberty loaded it took everything off...Im stuck now, crap, other things going on now too, cant open stuff .....I copied everything from my phone to my computer, I have SPR, sorry for the problems....do I need to load SPR?

Last edited:
OP
T

theothor1080

Reaction score
Nothing now, I just re loaded Liberty, I like Liberty, I just couldnt get my contacts so I had a stroke....Ill try to get the contacts and let you know, THANKS MAN!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For sure. Well if the backup assistant thing doesn't work then you can reload your backup and use the contacts app to export your contacts to the SD card and then reflash liberty and import them.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

theothor1080

Reaction score
Got um Spaz, contacts back....Thanks so much man, now to figure out how to get rid of those apps I couldnt get rid of before

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can use titanium backup to freeze them if you have the paid version or use the liberty toolbox to back them pp and then remove them from the app management area. Just make sure you only remove apps like blockbuster and Skype and not random system apps.

tappin and a talkin