Help please! liberty toolbox problem

patrickriley2010

Reaction score
Okay so i rooted my droid x awhile back with z4 root. i never used the root for anything other than screenshots. then i downloaded the liberty toolbox, i wwasnt aware you needed the liberty rom. i changed my my start up image and removed the start up animation. also changed some settings. i also installed the liberty 2.1 rom via the liberty tool box did the bootstrap thing... i had no idea what i was doing yeahh me dancedroid well my phone works and all but when i turn it off i get that clockwork restore menu everytime. The gingerbread update wont work because of this. also i cant install some apps because i set some settings and no idea what. i couldnt find a reset defaults option. i tried factory reset no luck that. sorry if this makes no sense my battery is about to die thanks!
if anything i need clockwork gone its the devil:icon_evil:

thanks everyone!

kilahimm

Reaction score
Sounds like you might have recovery safe mode enabled. If you go to Settings->Liberty Settings->Un-check Recovery Safe Mode

kilahimm

Reaction score
No, that's just one possible reason you're continually booting into bootstrap. Without knowing what mods you did your best bets are probably to either a) restore a backup, b) reflash liberty 2.0 and wipe data/cache c) SBF and factory reset.

OP
P

patrickriley2010

Reaction score
No, that's just one possible reason you're continually booting into bootstrap. Without knowing what mods you did your best bets are probably to either a) restore a backup, b) reflash liberty 2.0 and wipe data/cache c) SBF and factory reset.

Problem is I don't have the liberty rom just stock froyo I didn't realize liberty tool box required a rom... so idk what to do.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
i also installed the liberty 2.1 rom via the liberty tool box did the bootstrap thing...

The statement above leads me to believe that you did install the Liberty 2.0 ROM... If you did not make a backup of the Stock Froyo ROM you will have to SBF to get back to install the OTA GB (or use the maderstock zip, which I'm assuming is Greek to you??).

ClockworkMod (Droid X Bootstrapper) is not the devil, it is the single best app on the DX, it allows so much more than you know.

Just being rooted and having ClockworkMod installed should not stop the OTA.

OP
P

patrickriley2010

Reaction score
i also installed the liberty 2.1 rom via the liberty tool box did the bootstrap thing...

The statement above leads me to believe that you did install the Liberty 2.0 ROM... If you did not make a backup of the Stock Froyo ROM you will have to SBF to get back to install the OTA GB (or use the maderstock zip, which I'm assuming is Greek to you??).

ClockworkMod (Droid X Bootstrapper) is not the devil, it is the single best app on the DX, it allows so much more than you know.

Just being rooted and having ClockworkMod installed should not stop the OTA.

See throught the liberty toolbox app i attempted to download liberty 2.1 and my phone doesnt look any different? i downloaded and installed it restarted back into the same old thing so idk. I did not make a back up of my origonal file :/ and im tech savy but no expert on the phone side of things. so basically i installed the liberty toolbox and changed settings now my phone wont boot normally it continues to open the clockwork bootstrap thing preventing me from getting Ginger Bread.

would getting liberty installed make it fixable? and how do i do that? thanks

OP
P

patrickriley2010

Reaction score
let me add the fact i just got the liberty rom installed :) but now i cant get passed the boot animation :( how do i fix this now?

i clicked through and reset and wiped alot of things then it showed a yellow bar instead of spinning logo now it works?

Last edited:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
let me add the fact i just got the liberty rom installed :) but now i cant get passed the boot animation :( how do i fix this now?

So you installed Liberty ROM now? And you didn't make a backup of the Stock ROM? And your goal is to install the GB OTA? You are kind of going backwards... Now you will have to SBF to get to the GB OTA.

The first boot on Liberty can take a while at the spinning eagle. I have seen it take upwards of 10 minutes to initially boot up.

OP
P

patrickriley2010

Reaction score

So you installed Liberty ROM now? And you didn't make a backup of the Stock ROM? And your goal is to install the GB OTA? You are kind of going backwards... Now you will have to SBF to get to the GB OTA.

The first boot on Liberty can take a while at the spinning eagle. I have seen it take upwards of 10 minutes to initially boot up.

I pulled the battery and held home and power got the "!" Hit search got the android stock recovery thing erased wiped everything it booted.so I'm now on liberty but. How do I get GB , what's SBF? Thanks and all The help is appreciated.