1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Please Help. .3gp video has length 0:00

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Super13, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Super13

Super13 New Member

[HR][/HR]I was recording a five minute or so long video on my Droid X (first gen) and when I tried to hit stop the phone froze, so I just put it to sleep in hopes that it would figure itself out.
    But it didn't. When the phone came to, I had the video, but with an unplayable length of 0:00. The file size is 277megs. So I know something is there, but I have no idea how to play it, or extract it, or whatever. When I attempt to play the video on my phone I get "File cannot be played or displayed." And when I try to play the video on VLC Media Player the play button turns into a pause button as if playing a video, but the time slider doesn't movie and all audio and video is blank.
    Please help [​IMG] it's a priceless video.
  2. eldenc

eldenc New Member

Lost Video Recording

Similar Issue, I just recorded a wedding for about 28Minutes, later the Droid let me take some pictures, and none of the pictures where saved. A file exists in (./dcim/Camera/2012-03-10_17-04-41_493.3gpd) with the right date stamp but it is 0 bytes long, other shorter (<1minute videos from a few minutes before) worked correctly.
    I did nottice that I have a 633Megabyte file in ./Lost.Dir that has a date of 1980 and an all numberical title (1719168) with no file extension.
    So far I havn't been able to view the contents of the weird numberical file. Any thoughts?
Search tags for this page
0 .3gp
.3gp unplayable droid x
3gp video length is not correct
3gp video won't play
3gp lenthe video.in
3gpvideo long duration
3gp video 0 length
3gp video won't play on droid thunderbolt

duration 3gp

duratlon3gp
paly x videyo gp3