Please advise, my phone is now useless

gr8akia

Reaction score
My driod bionic reboots about every 2 minutes, and has no service if it actually makes it to the home screen. This is a stock phone, i have not done anything to modify or "root" or whatever. I took it upon myself to fix the issue myself by doing a hard factory reset. This did me no good. I also tried to reflash my droid using RSD Lite - again, no luck. It is very possible I have no idea what i am doing and missed a crucial step in the process. I also attempted to reflash through a command box, but none of my commands were recognized.

Would somebody please help me get my phone fixed? And possibly tell me what could have caused this to happen?

Thank you for your time

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I know it's frustrating, but there is no way to really tell what is going on. When did it start to happen? Did you add any apps?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How was your battery life before this started happening? It could be a battery related issue. A friend of mine has a Razr and her phone was doing it too, she got the battery replaced at a local cell phone repair shop and it hasn't done it since. I've also heard of this issue with a few iPhones

OP
G

gr8akia

Reaction score
I know it's frustrating, but there is no way to really tell what is going on. When did it start to happen? Did you add any apps?

I noticed about a week ago, my phone randomly rebooted - an isolated incident. Then on Sunday afternoon it started this reboot cycle. I have not installed any new applications, much less updated an application. Even if I had installed a new app, wouldn't the issue go away when I did a hard factory reset? Now I am stuck at the language choice screen - the very first prompt when setting up an android.

OP
G

gr8akia

Reaction score
How was your battery life before this started happening? It could be a battery related issue. A friend of mine has a Razr and her phone was doing it too, she got the battery replaced at a local cell phone repair shop and it hasn't done it since. I've also heard of this issue with a few iPhones

I had not used my phone at all the day this started. I have a spare battery I tried to use, and it still did the same thing. I have booted in recovery mode with and without the sd card and the sim card. This really baffles me, as I can not think of anything out of the ordinary that would have led up to this.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Sounds like some piece of hardware in the phone just died.
Try and boot it into safe mode. This will disable all non essential applications and rule out an app issue.
Mine did the same thing about 6 months ago.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Did you happen to notice if the phone was receiving an OTA update?

OP
G

gr8akia

Reaction score
Try and boot it into safe mode. This will disable all non essential applications and rule out an app issue.
Mine did the same thing about 6 months ago.

Ive booted it in recovery mode, ive cleared the cache, ive done a hard reset. Today i was actually able to use the phone for about 30 minutes. I went through the activation process and it would not receive service. It was about that time when it went back in to the boot loop. has anybody had any success with reflashing the phone through RSD lite? I tried, but must have missed a step somewhere because nothing seemed to change.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Even if I had installed a new app, wouldn't the issue go away when I did a hard factory reset?

that's some logical thinking right there, sorry about the other...

This sounds logical to me although the bad battery theory has some merit as well, good luck. I'm still holding on to my perfectly fine bionic as an emergency replacement should the need arise, one call to Verizon and I'm back, screw waiting overnight for the insurance replacement and the huge deductable...

OP
G

gr8akia

Reaction score
that's some logical thinking right there, sorry about the other...

This sounds logical to me although the bad battery theory has some merit as well, good luck. I'm still holding on to my perfectly fine bionic as an emergency replacement should the need arise, one call to Verizon and I'm back, screw waiting overnight for the insurance replacement and the huge deductable...

Have you ever reflashed the rom? I found many different pages with that info, but none of it seems to be up to date... :/

Fonzz

Reaction score
Have you ever reflashed the rom? I found many different pages with that info, but none of it seems to be up to date... :/

Sorry, no, I've never done anything like that.