Playstore updates:

qwas789

Reaction score
Anyone experience problems updating apps where after updating, a day later the same exact update is asking to be downloaded?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well when you update the apparently are they actually updating? Like can a tell a difference even if its asking you to update again?

Sent from my DROID Bionic using Tapatalk

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Anyone experience problems updating apps where after updating, a day later the same exact update is asking to be downloaded?

Yep, happens to me all the time. Don't know why, but it does.

OP
Q

qwas789

Reaction score
Even says update was successful. Wonder if it is counting against data plan. As to the actual app update, not that sure. Have to look into it further.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So interesting to see this thread because I was about to post the same topic. Happens to me all the time. I wonder if it is because after the update is released the app developer has a minor tweak he discovers that needs to be made and instead of releasing the tiny tweak in a new version, squeezes in the most recent version, then pushes it out again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So interesting to see this thread because I was about to post the same topic. Happens to me all the time. I wonder if it is because after the update is released the app developer has a minor tweak he discovers that needs to be made and instead of releasing the tiny tweak in a new version, squeezes in the most recent version, then pushes it out again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

True. Some developers will update their "what's new" to reflect the reason for multiple updates in a day or 2 but most don't bother.
Every time I get an update to Tapatalk I can count on at least 1 more that day.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Q

qwas789

Reaction score
However it is the same data size. How does that work. I mean mostly it don't matter, but like some game updates are around 20 mbs.

Blade25233

Reaction score
qwas789 said:

Yes it happened to me

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
However it is the same data size. How does that work. I mean mostly it don't matter, but like some game updates are around 20 mbs.

I've gotten 3 updates to Swiftkey tablet in 2 days, all the same size but with different "what's new" notes on the third.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try clearing data on the Google play app, then force closing it...

You may also try deleting the app and reinstalling it... may be a pain.. but it'll probably correct the issue..

OP
Q

qwas789

Reaction score
Thought of unistall and reinstall google. What the hell, right.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Give it a shot. :)