Playlists Empty

jimpemberton

Reaction score
Every so often, randomly it seems, my music playlists go empty of the songs that are in them and I have to rebuild them. Is there a fix for this?

mbianchi

Reaction score
Clear the Cache on Amazon MP3

Every so often, randomly it seems, my music playlists go empty of the songs that are in them and I have to rebuild them. Is there a fix for this?[]

Hello! I found the solution from searching around, it turns out unmounting the SD card wipes the playlists clean. I use Amazon MP3 and my music is stored on my SD card.

My test: After recreating all of my playlists, I moved an album to internal memory. I then plugged my phone into my computer via USB. I then unmounted the phone and opened up the Amazon MP3 and clicked Device and Playlists. All playlists were empty except for the one on internal memory. I then hit the menu button and selected Settings. Then I hit the Clear Cache button. I then went back into my Playlists and they had songs again.

So, I think whatever music program you are using, find the equivalent of Amazon MP3's Clear Cache. Then, every time you plug your phone into your computer, make sure after you're done and unmount, you go back to your music program and Clear Cache.

- Mike