Playlists delete themselves?

Reaction score
I download almost all of my music from an app and then i go through and add it to a playlist. But for some odd reason my playlists are getting deleted. The playlists themselves are actually there, but when trying to play one it says that it is empty. Why is this, and how can it be fixed?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Rocky

Reaction score
Hello.

One of my Playlists also vanished without apparent reason. I had to rebuild it.

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
I, too, have had this happen. I believe it happened after I rebooted my phone, but I can't be sure. The actual playlist is still there ....just no songs. Would love to know the cause of this.

OP
R
Reaction score
Bump. Anyone know anything? Its a real pain to have to rebuild the playlists all the time. Especially when theres several hundred songs in it. /:

If it helps any, im on a stock Droid3 with root and clockworkmod recovery.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Dmw017

Reaction score
yepp my one and only playlist on Poweramp deleted itself
so I rebuilt it, and then made a backup of it
both had 3 songs deleted randomly from the playlist..

Reaction score
I was going someone would have Assn answer to this. :-( My wife's D3 had been doing the same thing. Age rebuilds the playlist and it disappears later. Hoping it is a software issue that gets fixed in a future update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
I don't know if this will solve anyone's problem, but I do have two suggestions:

I have noticed that apps stored on the sd card can disappear along with their data when you plug into your usb and access you sd card with a computer. If it were not for Titanium Backup I would have been screwed. If this could be the problem, try keeping the music apps on internal storage.

Another potential problem could be that apps do not always download your music to the default music folder. Either set the download location to the default location or move all playlist music here before adding it to a playlist. This could help an app that is trying to find a single playlist that has multiple file storage locations.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pxndx89

Reaction score
This is so truth if u connect it to any computer..usb watever the case it will eare all the playlist but dnt worry about it folk I'm working on something for that hopefully it helps u guys...since this happened to me once on my ps3...ill put up the link later on today

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dee$$

Reaction score
any one find a solution to this? How about another software that works well with the phone? One that only pauses when a call or text comes in but will restart afterwards?

topdogmsn

Reaction score
I FOUND A SOLUTION
i have the exact same problem with my samsung galaxy 3s, with the software 4.1.2. the playlists content disapears all the time.
what helped on my phone was to make a backup on your pc, from the phones and SD-cards memory, then format your phone (both phone card) PROBLEM FIXED. I know it takes some time to restore everything, i recommend that you install "backup and restore" and "playlist backup" on your phone and make a backup on your apps and playlist. good luck

PS. install only the apps that you need (it could be an app that did made the bug)
PPS. if you can use another music player than the default one, that could also prevent the bug, i am using "Now Playing"