Pink static on camera screen... help!

slasherofveils

Reaction score
So just today my camera started going nuts and I get a flashing pink static on my screen when I try using either the camera or camcorder. Also effects apps like Barcode scanners, goggles, etc.
if I take a pic it comes up as a black screen but the camcorder will record it. Took it to the VZW store and they were stumped as well. Tried a hard reset and that didn't help either. Any ideas anyone? I can email a short video clip if anyone's interested in seeing what it looks like. There was a similar post of the same issue on this forum but it was back in may so I couldn't bump it via forum app..

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
S

slasherofveils

Reaction score
Ok so camera started working again today after my phone decided to fall out of my pocket and take a one foot fall... lol

mastersonc

Reaction score
I have this same issue after rooting with Unrevoked3. Ive not dropped the phone but when I first open the camera I get pink dense enough where i cant see what im going to take a picture of. It effects anything that uses the camera. Sometimes if I wait 2-3 minutes it will go away. Other times I have to open and close the camera several times. Ive noticed occasionally if I shake the phone a bit, it will go away as well. How do you fix something like this?

2b.diggy

Reaction score
Same issue. Pink fuz. Have reset the phone, removed battery, and tried several different apps that use the camera. All get pink fuz.