pictures stuck in dcim file

ebr13

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and can't figure this out, any help would be great.
I had a Droid X that died, so I got and X2 under warranty. I switched the sd card and all my unhidden pics were still there. I had an app called Vaulty free with a lot of pics and videos on it. It hides pics and videos. I re-downloaded the app but the pics aren't there. I found them (small thumbnails) in
files-sd card-DCIM-vault2.
I can't open them or figure a way to put them back where they go.Also when trying to sort this out I clicked on vault2 and one of the options was "move" so I clicked on that and it said "file moved" but the files are still the same, and in the same spot.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
odd problem. i believe our x's and most droids record video in .3gp format?

so im thinking you can go to your videos in the vaulty folder and remove the .txt file extension and it will change your video back to the normal settings.

im pretty sure all vaulty does is add a .txt extension to the file so the gallery no longer sees it plus it moves the file to its own folder.

i would copy your files back into the camera folder. DCIM or whatever and remove the extensions.

if that works properly you can then reinstall vaulty and rehide them.

dont delete nothing until you confirm it works. ill even try it myself to confirm.

ok i took 1 video from the vaulty folder and copied back into the dcim folder.
i then removed the .txt extension and used an app called "rescan media root"

and voila the video was back in my gallery under videos.
good luck hope this helps ya

OP
E

ebr13

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! I went into the dcim folder and took off the .txt and now they will open in that folder but did not appear in the reqular folder. I know realized the vaulty free app isn't working, I tried to put picture in vaulty from my regular pics and it force closes. I tried deleting and re-downloading but that didn't work. Could this be why the pics won't come back?