Pictures show up??

firesun

Reaction score
My wife and i both have a Droid X... Her phone is now showing a android slide show when ever she makes a call.. Doesnt seem to be bad for the phone but you have to hit the back button to get to the dial pad...

When you hang up the phone the pictures stay there until you hit the home button... i have DL a AV and not showing any viruses.. I have looked at ever app she has and all running apps.. nothing seem out of the ordenary.. I have searched all ofer the internet trying to figure out what this thing is... so i am signed u here to see if anyone can assist..

Next setp would be to wipe the phone.. Please help!!

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Someone else may have a better explination for this but I have never heard of that happenin on any droid.

Id say its a hardware thing... id wipe n restart

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Sounds like it is launching two apps for the price of one.

To determine if it is a launcher problem or an app problem, open the dialer via the app drawer and see if it does the same thing.

If it is only happening when starting from the launcher and you are using a launcher replacement like ADW or Launcher Pro, you could try going into the Settings, Applications, Manage applications, All tab. Clear data, catches, and defaults on the offending program. Or more drastically you could deinstall and reinstall the launcher. You would have to rebuild your home screens, but that would be better than reseting the whole phone.

Or if she is initiating calls by some other method, let us know. Also, does it do this when receiving calls?

Just confirmed, clearing data on Launcher Pro will remove all your carefully arraigned home screen and launcher settings. Dag nab it! I just had to press one experimental button too many.

Last edited:
OP
F

firesun

Reaction score
Ok here here is some more information.. Pictures so up making calls and receiving them..
She has no launcher programs only standard os 2.2.
from the app screen I hit dialer and I still get the pictures to show up.

from the app manager I cleared the cache in both the dialer and the dialer storage ... No luck.

My wife does not download a lot of applications and has very little on her phone from the market.. ..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Darn. Well, unless someone else has a suggestion I think you are going to have to do a factory reset. Since you are still stock and have only a few apps from the Market it shouldn't be too painful.

Read up on it a bit and give it a try. Or if you are uncomfortable I bet a local Verizon rep would walk you through it. Or maybe a call to tech support.

OP
F

firesun

Reaction score
After an hour of going through all my wifes apps I have found the culprit...is was a scientific calculator by ketel Co. Ltd... She never looked at the permissions it was asking for, nor the ratings... avoid at all cost!!! She learned a valuable lesson today!!
Thanks to all that responsed!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Thanks, good to know. I hope you went to the Market and reported it, if it's still there.

BTW, if she needs a calc replacement, RealCalc is pretty good.

Last edited: