Pictures in text messages..

kikitt

Reaction score
Hello, I just had a question about picture messages. When I recieve picture messages and tap them to make them bigger it opens them up and displays them like a video clip and then shrinks back down. I was wondering if there is a way to change this because its quite annoying, on my OG Droid it brought pictures up in the gallery viewer and i could zoom and everything..with this i can't..

-Kikitt

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it has to do with whag network the pic was sent from so it wont happen every time. What I usually do is long press the thumbnail and save the pic and view it in the gallery before eventually deleting it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

kikitt

Reaction score
Hello, Thank you for your fast reply! I don't think it has to do with the network becuase the main place i get pics from is my Wife and shes on the same network as me with the same phone haha. I would save it then go to my gallery but some i just don't need saved just wanted to look quick and be done with it.

-Kikitt

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There goes my network theory lol. Im pretty sure that there is no setting for it so barring saving and immediately deleting it, I think you're stuck viewing it as is.

OP
K

kikitt

Reaction score
Okay thats what I figured haha thank you for the help! I'm also having the same trouble with Forwards that have pics and sound, it shows the pic first then switches to the txt, then plays the sound. Is it like that for others too? j/w. Thanks again!

-Kikitt

Reaction score
when you tap the picture, tap it again and it should show that its playing like a short video clip (which i also think is annoying). just hit pause and it'll stay put.

probson

Reaction score
Im new to the Droid world (just purchased the Droid X). When i send pictures i am being told they never recieve the pictures. Why is this?

Reaction score
I've noticed, that if you decline to resize the pic, the person that u send the pic to wont receive it. Make sure you resize the pic. That may be the problem.

Djay

Reaction score
The person sendind the pics may be sending the pic as a slide show and thats why its playing like a video

probson

Reaction score
Thank you. I will try that and see if i get any better results.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im new to the Droid world (just purchased the Droid X). When i send pictures i am being told they never recieve the pictures. Why is this?

Change you mms settings to 500 kb. That's the maximum size Verizon phones will do. Bigger and they just vanish into cyber oblivion

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.