Pics received by text message - is there a way to save them?

shishibeach

Reaction score
I've received several photos from friends on my phone and would like to either forward them, or save them into the photo gallery, or even transfer them to my computer - but I can't figure out a way to do any of them.

Is it possible? If so, could somebody help me figure this out?

okthx:)

eptreyg

Reaction score
Yes. Normally I tap the picture and then it seems to "play" even though there is no video. The picture becomes smaller when it is done - and you can just long tap the photo and you get the option to save it. There is probably a simpler way.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Long Press on the pic and save to sdcard.

OP
shishibeach

shishibeach

Reaction score
Thanks - that worked! :icon_ banana: I think that's the first time I've heard of "long press" or "long tap".... wonder where else that would apply? Will have to experiment :)

Now however I can't view all the photos in my gallery; when I try to "flick" it so that it scrolls quickly to the end it goes black and takes me back to the beginning page. Tried turning the phone off and back on, but that didn't work :(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Long press is used in almost every app I know of..

OP
shishibeach

shishibeach

Reaction score
well, now I feel pretty stupid. Guess that's why you're a super moderator and I'm only a Junior Droid.....my first smart phone, first android, first touch screen.....:unsure:

dkst0426

Reaction score
well, now I feel pretty stupid. Guess that's why you're a super moderator and I'm only a Junior Droid.....my first smart phone, first android, first touch screen.....:unsure:

Everybody's gotta lose their cherry sometime! :)

denisebrunswick

Reaction score
I have .jpg files in an attachment and the long tap doesn't work. I tried the menu button also and get nothing. Help!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have .jpg files in an attachment and the long tap doesn't work. I tried the menu button also and get nothing. Help!

Is there a download button either by the photo or when you press the menu key? If there is, download should then place it on your SD card...

Also, long press will generally always work - but if neither of these options work, you might try an app called "save mms" in the market...

revenge8

Reaction score
there is an app called SaveMMS for free in the app store that i use. It compiles all your picures from MMS on one screen (separated by who sent the message) and from there all you have to do is tap the picture and it will prompt you to save it to your sd card! very easy.

denisebrunswick

Reaction score
No download button. These .jpg files are attached to an email not a text message. My mistake. But I still can't do anything with them.