Phone went crazy on me.

sirthanh

Reaction score
Ive fixed the problem but im worried that it might happen again...

This is what happened after I did the following

Updated to 2.2, install flash, update.zip for root, update.zip for 1250mhz kernel, and then updated baseband.

The phone was fine the whole night while plugged to the charger. I had the battery charged to 90%... So i just left the phone on my table and went off to do other things. Came back an hour later and the phone went down to 20%....! I was like what the hell.... so i went to charge the phone again back to 100%. Now it was all fine, so I went to work. And guess what, within 20 mins it went from 100% to 20% again... 10 mins later it went to 5% and died. Two full charges going down in less than two hours.

I tried rolling back with all my backups... did everything you can imagine to fix it. And every rom I tried to back track to was buggy... Some I couldn't get past the bootscreen, endless reboot over and over, and when I get past the lockscreen for some roms it would crash.

Then I finally decided to use Rom Manager and flashed CyanMod rom and everything went back to normal.

But really... can a rom cause all that problem?

li2327

Reaction score
That's what has me so scared to use anything but the stock 2.1 rom. I haven't rooted mine either.

OP
S

sirthanh

Reaction score
But really... can a rom cause all that problem?

Can a problematic operating system cause problems with your phone? Yes.

I have a pretty good knowledge of flashing roms and always do a back up. I would flash a new rom every couple of days or hours. I always try to make sure everything is in good running condition. But somehow this problem came up out of no where... like literally. The processor was running really hot and the phone would not operate correctly on any ROM/backup that i've flashed except for cyan.
The normal case would usually go like this... I flash a bad rom/kernel and receive a lot of force closer or sluggish performance. I would flash back and everything would be go back to normal. Now a lot of people have flashed the 2.2 froyo and baseband with no issue. How can this problem suddenly pop out of no where even after a few hours of no issue? I really hope it's only a ROM issue and not a processor or hardware issue.

here's a list of issues:

• Battery drain at a crazy rate, 100% to 20% in an hour
  • Sluggish performance
  • Flashed previous back up and somehow when rebooting... the slidescreen showed up BEFORE the Moto Logo. How is that possible?
  • Flashed more back ups from 1 to 2 months back and came up with more issues
  • Won't go past MOTO logo on some roms
  • Won't go past DROID boot screen on some roms
  • Won't go past lockscreen (unresponsive slider)
  • Reboot from homescreen over and over.
I did all I could have done to fix the problem and somehow Cyanogen Mod fixed all the problem. Now if it was the case and the 2.2 rom was indeed the problem. How was it that it cause all my other roms/backups to not work? I even tried flashing Pete 2.1 latest rom and that would not fix the issue either.

I am stump and hoping this issue doesnt come up again. Makes me want to upgrade to the shadow as soon as possible as I feel this phone feeling more sluggish than the day I bought it. Maybe it's from running it at 1250mhz throughout 75% of its life so far.