Phone turns silent after unplugging earphones

Pagirl

Reaction score
My droid turns off all sound after I unplug my headphones. If someone calls when it is in this phase it will vibrate, not ring and if I answer they can't hear me and I can't hear them. The only way I can fix it that I have found is to turn the phone off and restart. Anyone else run into this? It also happens when I plug it into my stereo or car..

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its supposed to do that. It was meant to make sure if you're listening to headphones and it comes unplugged your secret love for the jonas bros doesn't get exposed. :) Or something like this.

My droid turns off all sound after I unplug my headphones. If someone calls when it is in this phase it will vibrate, not ring and if I answer they can't hear me and I can't hear them. The only way I can fix it that I have found is to turn the phone off and restart. Anyone else run into this? It also happens when I plug it into my stereo or car..

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
My phone does that as well, I noticed the phone thinks the earphones are still plugged in and tries to play sound through the Jack, i fix it by plugging my earphones back in, and unplugging them again. I test it by playing music to see if the external speaker is back on.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh wait..it says girl. She probably does love the jonas bros. This was full of fail.

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
Its supposed to do that. It was meant to make sure if you're listening to headphones and it comes unplugged your secret love for the jonas bros doesn't get exposed. :) Or something like this.

Oh i thought that was the phones feature where if it comes unplugged it automatically pauses the music, so people dont hear a Hells Angel's Biker listening to britney spears...

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Maybe that is supposed to be it, but it does keep playing on silent for me too.

When i have my phone connected to bluetooth streaming in my car and disconnects it does the same thing, so it isnt just the headphone jack.

Oh i thought that was the phones feature where if it comes unplugged it automatically pauses the music, so people dont hear a Hells Angel's Biker listening to britney spears...