Phone stuck in bootloader. HELP!

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I applied the latest update for the motorola droid 2 and it worked fine but when i tried making an out of state phone call the signal and 3G connections got lost. I tried flashing the droid 2 SBF file using RSD Lite and now my phone is stuck in Bootloader. my phone says:

"Bootloader
D2.35
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEW_MAP Blank
Service Reg'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

I've just downloaded the newest available motorola drivers, upgraded from RSD lite4.8 to 4.9 and still nothing.

HELP!? idk what to do and I need my phone for work

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it is possible that the bootloader will not allow your phone to go back to a previous version.

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
it is possible that the bootloader will not allow your phone to go back to a previous version.

how can i fix this?

I also noticed when I previously did this it would show my phone model and whatnot in the connected devices on RSD lite but it's not now. it's showing something when i plug my phone in and when i disconnect, it disappears. but it says "S Flash" for model and whatnot, not A955 like it should.

anything i can do?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
all i know is that my rsdlite program is set up with 4.7. But I am guessing u had it that way. And I am going to assume that during a reboot it auto loads to the bootloader right.

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
all i know is that my rsdlite program is set up with 4.7. But I am guessing u had it that way. And I am going to assume that during a reboot it auto loads to the bootloader right.

I had 4.7 with the patch before when i wanted to restore using the SBF a few weeks ago. it wouldn't work it kept failing. i updated to 4.8 and it worked on the first try. but now it wont even with 4.9

and yes its stuck in bootloader. If i take the battery out and turn it back on it brings me right back to the same page with the exact same text.

Im thinking MAYBE the sbf file is corrupted but i can't find another download page. just the same one and if it's corrupted i'd just be re-downloading corrupted file, right??

But im confused as to why it isn't even picking up what model my phone is on RSD Lite.

I'm going to try getting 4.7 with the patch again as nothing else is working

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
this is where i got mine

Droid 2

ok im downloading the SBF from there and tyring everything on my windows vista laptop (finally allowed internet) compared to my xp desktop

hopefully this works.

Is there a way I can refresh the bootloader though? when i plug my phone in even windows is telling me i need drivers for a "S flash ..." device. any way i can do a reset so it maybe recongizes the phone model?

CellZealot

Reaction score
This is a result of the new OTA update. You will not be able to go back using any older SBF file.
it will be like this from now on. Every update will prevent reverting to a previous version.

We will be working on a solution to this issue.

No guarranty or time frame at this point.

We were told about this but weren't certain it would actually be the case.

yuusharo

Reaction score
this is where i got mine

Droid 2

ok im downloading the SBF from there and tyring everything on my windows vista laptop (finally allowed internet) compared to my xp desktop

hopefully this works.

Is there a way I can refresh the bootloader though? when i plug my phone in even windows is telling me i need drivers for a "S flash ..." device. any way i can do a reset so it maybe recongizes the phone model?

You need to have the current drivers for your phone. They're normally installed when you first plug in your phone, or you can download them from Motorola's site. That will get your PC to recognize the phone in bootloader mode, which will allow RSD Lite to work.

Basically, you fell into the same trap by Motorola that Droid X users found themselves in a month ago. Your phone is now permanently stuck in bootloader mode. You will not be able to restore it back until a full, complete SBF for the latest version leaks out, if ever. Sorry to say, dude :(.

Edit: Oh, one more thing. Your phone will *NOT* charge in bootloader mode, and it can't be flashed if there isn't enough power in the battery to do so. Safe to say, unless you were planning on making a trip to the Verizon store with a story, I would pull the battery out of that phone immediately and hope something comes out.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I applied the latest update for the motorola droid 2 and it worked fine but when i tried making an out of state phone call the signal and 3G connections got lost. I tried flashing the droid 2 SBF file using RSD Lite and now my phone is stuck in Bootloader. my phone says:

"Bootloader
D2.35

MEW_MAP Blank
Service Reg'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

I've just downloaded the newest available motorola drivers, upgraded from RSD lite4.8 to 4.9 and still nothing.

If you mean you accepted the new 2.3.20 OTA update for the D2, (or installed it from a zip file), and then tried to use the D2 SBF file (which is 2.2.20) you are not going to be able to recover by SBF-ing again, or any other means available at the moment.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/92729-do-not-use-sbf-after-2-3-20-a.html

You'll have to take your phone back to Verizon and tell them you accepted the OTA update, had a problem w/calling, rebooted and then it ended up "in this weird screen that I've never seen before." With luck they'll replace it under warranty...do NOT tell them you tried to use SBF or anything like that...

Bad news...sorry.

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score

"Bootloader
D2.35

MEW_MAP Blank
Service Reg'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

If you mean you accepted the new 2.3.20 OTA update for the D2, (or installed it from a zip file), and then tried to use the D2 SBF file (which is 2.2.20) you are not going to be able to recover by SBF-ing again, or any other means available at the moment.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/92729-do-not-use-sbf-after-2-3-20-a.html

You'll have to take your phone back to Verizon and tell them you accepted the OTA update, had a problem w/calling, rebooted and then it ended up "in this weird screen that I've never seen before." With luck they'll replace it under warranty...do NOT tell them you tried to use SBF or anything like that...

Bad news...sorry.

yes i know.

jay_z

Reaction score
I've got exactly same problem :(
is there any updates? help...