Phone Shutting down when Idle? Change ROM?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid 2 used to do this as a result of VZ's tampering. Freezing the bloatware lessened it but my phone didn't become fully stable until I flashed a custom Rom.

dragonpride0

Reaction score
I know I maybe reviving an old dead thread, but this is the only thing I've found that describes the problem I'm currently having.

I have a Samsung Galaxy II (TMO); SGH-T989 and its been unable to wake after going to sleep or screen goes off when the WIFI is on and requires a full restart by pressing the power button for about 5-10 seconds or removing the battery.

This only happens when the WIFI is on, when the WIFI is off, the phone works completely fine waking back up when I press the power button. The problem also happens when I try to use my phone as a mobile hotspot as it uses the WIFI to connect with other devices and this is a huge problem for me cause I use my phone as a hotspot quite often. The other thing I've found so far that the phone wakes up fine with WIFI on only if it is connected to a charger; disconnect the charger and the problem returns instantly.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem knows a way to solve it. I tried rooting, factory reset, custom ROMs, and re-flashed back to stock.

dragonpride0

Reaction score
Have you tried installing the latest Samsung Firmware?

Yes I have. I even downgraded to ICS and the issue is still there.

The one odd thing I found is that the problem doesn't occur when WIFI is on, but does not have ANY saved connections. Once I connect to my router and saves the connection, the problem returns. Only when I delete all saved connections was I able to wake the phone back up while WIFI is on, but kinda pointless if I can't save any of my WIFI connections.

Currently experimenting a bunch of scenarios to try and point point what in the WIFI is causing the issue.

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might want to go ahead and warranty it out to save yourself the headaches.