3g won't turn back on after phone has idled

rad65

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with my droid r2d2 where the 3g symbol is on, and it shows data being sent and received, but nothing that uses the 3g will work. This only happens when the phone has been idle in my pocket for a while, and my wireless radio is not affected (please don't tell me to only use wireless, I can use it at home, but there aren't available networks other places I go).

The first couple times the airplane mode trick (turn it to airplane mode, then back) worked, but now it does not and I have to restart my phone every time it's been idle for more than an hour and I need to use 3g. This is especially annoying since I have the r2d2, which along with the pro has no way of turning off the annoyingly loud start up sound.

Does anyone know why my 3g network refuses to turn back on after my phone has been idle? The battery mode is already set to performance, so that's not the issue. The 3g still works if I have my phone plugged in for hours, it's only when it's off the charger and not in use that the 3g acts up.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I don't know if you have this in settings, wireless & nework, mobile networks, do you have the little chit for DATA ENABLED checked? Or check your settings in location & security, use GPS satellite, use wireless... see if changing either of those settings help?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App