battery issue? phone idle.

c_mack9

Reaction score
my phone idle is leading the way in what drains my battery, even higher than the display. wth? anyone know how to fix this? when i use to run ultimate droid, one of the ROM versions had that problem. phone idle is usually very low on the list of battery usage.

kmark

Reaction score
I believe the more you let your phone idle, the higher percentage it will be. If your phone is idling much more than the display is on, you'll probably see it higher on the list. No reason to worry. ;)

From my understanding the percentages on the Android battery monitor report aren't necessarily processes but rather categories of operation.

lte

Reaction score
Same here

Seen 40-50+% on Phone Idle no idea why, on the DX2 yet my TBolt only 12%...

I also noticed for some reason the usage stats do not show up on the DX2 while plugged in, they do on the TB so maybe that's part of it skewing the #'s?

Check the top of the screen how long has it shown as on battery?

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
just over 18 hours. what is their definition of idle? when its on but asleep? i dont see how that could be using up so much bettery unless some insanely hard working app is running but i dont think there is. cell standby is in a whole different category.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I believe idle is on, but not processing anything. The percentages aren't of battery use either. If you add them up they will be way more than 100.
Anyways. What is your phone doing most of the day??

sent from somewhere...

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
i text and facebook. sometime web browse and talk.