phone says new voice mail when there isnt

speckit

Reaction score
my droid x says i have a new voicemail when i dont im using google voice for my voicemails, i checked the google voice and regular voicmail inboxes and they both say that it is empty any suggestions?

GadgetQueen

Reaction score
Same problem here

My X also shows a new voicemail notification that just won't go away even though I have no new voice mail. Argggg

posprg

Reaction score
I had this issue, was at the store switching over an old phone to my previous Droid so I asked about it. He tried everything but no luck clearing it so we master reset the phone and the voice mail box and the problem has not come back.

GThree

Reaction score
My friend had the same issue with a couple other phones. It's usually from a phone switch. It's just a network problem with Verizon's activation. Not a biggie..you can go in the store and just beast it.

GadgetQueen

Reaction score
Fixed it!

"My X also shows a new voicemail notification that just won't go away even though I have no new voice mail. Argggg"

I called myself from another phone and left a message, then waited a few minutes until the phone had time to register a new message from Verizon. I called voice mail from the notification and then deleted the message I had left, and presto, the stuck voice mail notification was gone! Much easier than waiting in line at Verizon for a guy to tell me I just need to pull that battery (no, that does not work) or to reset the phone and have to redo all my customiztion. I just hope it doesn't happen again.dancedroid