Phone Ring?

Red Tornado

Reaction score
Is there any way or an app which will allow your phone to ring at night, but no notifications for messages or emails? I have searched and searched..... thanks for any help. I am out of town and have a family member in the hospital and cannot miss calls - but don't want to hear every email that comes in.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there any way or an app which will allow your phone to ring at night, but no notifications for messages or emails? I have searched and searched..... thanks for any help. I am out of town and have a family member in the hospital and cannot miss calls - but don't want to hear every email that comes in.

Audio Manager will allow you to adjust the volume of the ringer and "alerts" independently. I assume that "alerts" refer to notifications.

OP
R

Red Tornado

Reaction score
Thanks so much - I tried the app you suggested - but ended up with Smart Volume -
you can actually "un-link" phone calls and notification sounds - so I can now get a phone call - and not all of my email and text alerts at night! Yeah!

jpeter1093

Reaction score
Open the email application, select account settings, select ringtone, set to silent.

Open settings from the main screen menu, select sound & display, ringer volume, uncheck 'Use incoming call volume for notifications'; turn 'notification volume' all the way down.

Voila, only incoming calls make a noise.

xliderider

Reaction score
The app Quick Profiles also let you set up "profiles". I have one called Night which silences everything except the ringer at night. I also set up Normal and Quiet (all off).

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few profiles apps that will do this. Some offer time based schedules. Some offer location based changes, etc. There's quite a bit of existing discussion on many of them.