How do I set to PHONE RING ONLY

tjplace

Reaction score
On my blackberry, I could set it to PHONE ONLY, meaning the phone would ring, but all other notifications were silenced. We set to that every night so the phone could ring for emergencies, but not be awakened by messaging notifications all night long. Any one find a way to do this on the droid x?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
On my blackberry, I could set it to PHONE ONLY, meaning the phone would ring, but all other notifications were silenced. We set to that every night so the phone could ring for emergencies, but not be awakened by messaging notifications all night long. Any one find a way to do this on the droid x?

Download Setting Profiles. That should do what you want.

OP
tjplace

tjplace

Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean. Is that the Stting Profiles Lite app in the market?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean. Is that the Stting Profiles Lite app in the market?

I don't know the answer to your question, and I'm really not trying to be snarky, just provide a little info: :)download and install it. You can then play around with it. If you don't like it, uninstall it. Even if it's a paid app, you have 24 hours to uninstall and not be charged.

I've installed hundreds of apps that didn't stay on my phone for longer than 2-3 minutes. :)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need a profiles app. Be aware though that while the profiles apps for Android come close, they don't exactly replicate the centralized management of all notifications that you had with the BB.

One app was suggested above. I use Profiles by egg n stone. There are a few others that allow for the automatic change of profiles based on time, location, etc.

OP
tjplace

tjplace

Reaction score
Never mind. I figured it out on my own. Just go to settings, sound and display, ringer volume. It lets you change BOTH the ringer AND the notifications.
Thanks for your help anyway.

pilot25

Reaction score
settings profile isn't that great. You set a defined profile then when trying to switch back to normal or default it kills your defined ringtones for your contacts.

Can't believe no one has made a good app for this