Is there an alert profile program out there that works just like the blackberry?

deputydog95

Reaction score
I need to be able to allow certain emails/alerts to ring through at night, and others turned off.

Suggestions? I've searched on here and haven't found anything that works like the blackberry.

I monitor four emails, text messages, and phone messages. Some are applicable during certain hours, some need to be turned off.

Is there a way to control this?

OP
D

deputydog95

Reaction score
No, not Tiger. :)

I own a nursing company. We use multiple gmail accounts for different operational tasks. I am occasionally on call and need to control the alerts. I have staff that take call most of the time, and I need to be able to shut it down at night when I know they have it covered.

lemodular

Reaction score
it called "Locale" but I do not think it will differentiate separate accounts.

OP
D

deputydog95

Reaction score
If I can't break email accounts down, this may be a deal breaker. I have to be able to shut personal email/test messaging down at night and allow urgent alerts from our digital clock in system and urgent voicemails to come through...

lemodular

Reaction score
you can do it manually per account, but that's a pain if you have to do it every night and every day.

mjs31

Reaction score
Are you saying you could shut down certain emails on a regular basis while using the BB? I dont recall this option to where you could pick and choose email deliveries which was actually a frustrating thing for me on the BB. Or are you referring to certain notifications other than email?

Have you tried a search for "profiles" in the market? There may be something close there.

rothfest

Reaction score
Sweet dreams? Bedside 3.0?

Check them out... maybe? I don;t run them.

OP
D

deputydog95

Reaction score
Are you saying you could shut down certain emails on a regular basis while using the BB? I dont recall this option to where you could pick and choose email deliveries which was actually a frustrating thing for me on the BB. Or are you referring to certain notifications other than email?

Have you tried a search for "profiles" in the market? There may be something close there.

Yes, you can allow some emails to alert, and other to remain silent. Actually, you can separate out every type of alert in this fashion from BB messenger to text messages, emails, facebook alerts, etc...

I've looked around the droid market and can't finding anything that would do this. Deal breaker... I took my phone back today and got a BB Tour.

It doesn't have nearly as impressive a screen or browsing experience, but the phone is infinitely easier to use and the email management is a 1000x better than the droid.

I also found out that I can w way synch the BB OTA to gmail contacts and gmail calendar. I don't think I could ask for much more than that at this point, but I will miss the droid's screen.

xliderider

Reaction score
Quick Profiles allows profiles to be quickly accessed once you set them up, but it wont allow you to silence one email acct and not another.

OP
D

deputydog95

Reaction score
Quick Profiles allows profiles to be quickly accessed once you set them up, but it wont allow you to silence one email acct and not another.

That's the rub. They treat all your email accounts as one giant email when it comes to alerts. That just doesn't work for me.

I have to admit, the droid is really clunky as a phone. It was quite the process to just make a phone call.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you could shut down certain emails on a regular basis while using the BB?
No. The BB has separate alerts for each email account. And a centralized location to manage all alerts.