Phone memory low but got big memory card

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
what apps are u trying to move? u can also try 1Tap cleaner free app in the market.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

wattnxt

Reaction score
When you go tip manage applications, what are your running application ram values?

Before moving a ton of apps, check that dialer storage value. When you go to downloaded or all applications, what is out showing your on phone storage used and free?

The phone uses different areas of memory for storage vs operation, so out is important we address what is causing the issue and not a symptom.

Worst case, do a factory reset and start fresh installing only what you need. Make sure to backup first.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my Droid1, Stable 1.2Ghz, Peter Alfonso v2 LV kernel, CM7.0.3, Zepplinrox Supercharged, Gingerbread 2.3.3 phone using DroidForums.

wattnxt

Reaction score
Thanks Princess. :)
How do you like your D2G? I was looking into picking one up and rooting it until the D3 comes out...thought?

oh im in love with my global LOL. actually I had no issues other than battery the first week but its so easy to customize. the draw back on the D2G? not much ROMs but im ok with that.
as for D3 im waiting patiently. I was waiting for Bionic but who knows, it might be the new D3...jk
X2 really didn't change at all so its a disappointment.

I too am trying to figure out which to go with. Bionic or d3. Not enough info out on both yet. I like the dual processor idea, just as long as they don't get crazy with trying to lock us out of rooting them like the inc 2.

I would love to have the extra ram the d2g has, as well as a 1.2 ghz processor to start with. Rumor has it the d2g can stably overclock to 2 ghz...would like to see that though.

Maybe I'll see what I can find on ebay. I just don't like the x, and I need my real keyboard.

Other than the d2g, none of the other choices right now thrill me.

Did we ever hear what started this low memory issue, or am I missing something?

I find it hard to believe that installed apps alone would halt the phone. There would have to be a ton of them on there. Something else is amiss here.

Sent from my Droid1, Stable 1.2Ghz, Peter Alfonso v2 LV kernel, CM7.0.3, Zepplinrox Supercharged, Gingerbread 2.3.3 phone using DroidForums.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
so ur a master electrician huh? gee I need to add another icebox in my enclosed patio. can u fly over and install a new wall socket somewhere! LOL....
as for the subject, I can only say to rid unnecessary apps, clear data/cache and reboot.

wattnxt

Reaction score
so ur a master electrician huh? gee I need to add another icebox in my enclosed patio. can u fly over and install a new wall socket somewhere! LOL....
as for the subject, I can only say to rid unnecessary apps, clear data/cache and reboot.

Yes mam' I am. Never been to Hawaii...hear it's beautiful there. It HAS to be better weather than Wisconsin!

Tell you what, if I ever make the trip, I'll install your socket for a drink and a local tour guide. :-D

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

Yes mam' I am. Never been to Hawaii...hear it's beautiful there. It HAS to be better weather than Wisconsin!

Tell you what, if I ever make the trip, I'll install your socket for a drink and a local tour guide. :-D

oh we had our share of bad weather believe me. well, I think u got ur self a personal your guide. LOL. I will even take ya to a Hawaiian luau ;)

wattnxt

Reaction score

oh we had our share of bad weather believe me. well, I think u got ur self a personal your guide. LOL. I will even take ya to a Hawaiian luau ;)

Sold! Now all I have to do is actually be able to take one of those vacation things my benefits statement keeps referring to...lol.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

Sold! Now all I have to do is actually be able to take one of those vacation things my benefits statement keeps referring to...lol.

Lol....have a good evening

wattnxt

Reaction score
Thanks, you too.

Drop me a pm if it gets too hot there and you need that freezer outlet asap.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Thanks, you too.

Drop me a pm if it gets too hot there and you need that freezer outlet asap.

just add me to ur friend list on the forum or add to yahoo if u have. besides it never gets nearly as hot here.

bryceut

Reaction score
I have a droid bionic....I get memory alarms which come and go...but I have a ton of memory.....I think it is glichy