Phone locking itself help

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by happysweetdays, May 24, 2016.

1. happysweetdays

happysweetdays New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    zte
    When I'm in the middle of using my phone, it will just dim the screen and go to the lock screen twice and it does it in the middle of me doing something like reading, watching videos, or even when playing a game doesn't matter. It's quite annoying it does it about every 10-12 min or so

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Well this is definitely not normal. It is also not something that sounds like a software conflict but I would ask if you've installed any new software recently. If so, you might want to backtrack and uninstall the most recent and test after each uninstall working backwards through the apps.

You may also verify if it's a software conflict by booting into Safe Mode, operating the phone and seeing if the problem persists. Since I don't know what phone you have I can't give you guidance on how to do this but it's easy to do and a simple Google search for "Safe Mode" followed by your phone model should yield the answer.

This could also be a corrupted cache and again depending on your phone the cache can be cleared by one or another method to eliminate that as a possible cause however my gut feeling is this is a hardware issue. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,037
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Welcome to the Forum @happysweetdays.. Good advice above. Let us know if it worked for you...