Phone lags terribly right after syncing new music.

cheezcake.

Reaction score
Been poking around for an answer but cant really find anything relevant...

I'm not rooted, and a week ago my phone had been unbearably slow, so i cleaned it up, and took all my 700 some songs off of it. that shouldn't have made a difference since it was all on my 16 gig sd card, but after i cleared it out, the phone ran like it was new for a few days. But I wanted music, so i tried double twist instead of the stock player, and put only about 400 songs on. for the first hour or so after, the phone ran like garbage again but then seemingly smoothed itself out. the other day, i added a single new album, and it took another nose dive right after syncing. I downloaded system lite and found out that my CPU was getting drained for no obvious reason. it's been touch and go since. things occasionally go south when receiving data, like texts or calls, and sometimes makes me do a battery pull. so my question is, why does putting music on my sd card seem to put so much stress on my CPU? whats the fix for it? is it related to the freezing with texts/calls and even the drag to unlock screen at times? Sorry this is so ridiculously long, but hopefully thats all the info you guys need to help me out.

OP
C

cheezcake.

Reaction score
How are you getting the songs on your card?

when i first put the 400 some songs on, i used the doubletwist software on my computer to sync it, then when i added the album, i just dragged and dropped from itunes to the same place where doubletwist synced it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. Do you have a task killer installed?
2. Do you have an anti-virus app installed?
3. Do you have an "Ad Blocker" installed?
4. Is there a chance that your music app is setup to recommend/find songs similar to what is in your library?

OP
C

cheezcake.

Reaction score
A couple of questions:

1. Do you have a task killer installed?
2. Do you have an anti-virus app installed?
3. Do you have an "Ad Blocker" installed?
4. Is there a chance that your music app is setup to recommend/find songs similar to what is in your library?

no to the first three, except the system lite app has a built in task killer, but i don't use it, i only use it to look at my CPU clock and what apps are draining how much of my cpu. purely info related. to the fourth, i looked through doubletwist and found that it was set up to submit track info to the last.fm app for scrobbling, but since i don't have it linked to my account or have that app, AND it was acting like this with the stock music player as well, then that shouldn't matter, should it? but either way i disabled it.

palindrome

Reaction score
Ive seen Alot of folks say task killers are bad in the long run...take from one who has zero bugs...automatic task killer.set it to auto register apps and to register all... unregister market
Next get a cache cleaner app..or clean app caches manually...except market.
I've run this way on D2 and Dx...whether stock or aftermarket rom....flawless

Ur memory card is not affecting ur phone performance...load that card up
X

OP
C

cheezcake.

Reaction score
update: found out it was an android.process.media problem. Looked around and it was probably just a single file wreaking havoc on my system. so i went through and deleted a few things that could have been the cause, so we'll see if this fixes it. so far we're good. a format of the card will cure it for sure, but i'm going to avoid that as long as possible.
Just for future reference.

jseemill

Reaction score
Wait, so what type of file was the issue? I'm not sure I understand and I'm having the same issue. It seems to be indexing the new files once they're synced. Please let me know, this is driving me crazy!

Thanks,

-Joe

OP
C

cheezcake.

Reaction score
Wait, so what type of file was the issue? I'm not sure I understand and I'm having the same issue. It seems to be indexing the new files once they're synced. Please let me know, this is driving me crazy!

Thanks,

-Joe

its been so long I don't remember the type of file it was, but im almost positive it was some type of mp3. I went into folders and music and just picked through it and manually deleted everything that didn't look quite right. if I remember correctly I lucked out and deleted the right file. oh and I read about someone having the same issue and found out it was related to the app that made ringtones out of the music on your phone, can't remember what its called but the icon is a music note and scissors I deleted that too for good measure and im doing good now, not positive what exactly it was that fixed it. its probably just one corrupt file hiding somewhere.

jseemill

Reaction score
Ah, you mean Ringdroid. I have that installed as well. I'll start with removing that first. I have around 14gb worth of music on my phone, so hoping to not have to go through the deletion process if possible. Thanks for the help!

-Joe