Phone keeps changing my ringtones?

64daville

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure if it's the phone or an app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
This tends to be a trend with Moto phones that I have had. If the 'ringtone' you are using is on the SD card and you plug it into the computer as mass storage it seems to change your ringtone. Mine got changed to a dang voice mail I downloaded from my voip service!! imagine my surprise when I heard a strange mans voice coming from my purse!! LOL

anyway, what has worked for me is moving the music/ringtone to the internal storage, since then my ringtone had not changed.

Chukee

Reaction score
This has even happened to me on my htc phone as well. Im guessing when u plug the phone into pc for mass storage the phone no longer sees the ringtone location since the pc is using it now. Just move the ringtone to internal and u shouldnt have any issues.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Sweet! I have had the same problem before, but by accident I've keep them in the internal memory and the problem has seemed to ave gone away.

OP

64daville

Reaction score
When I went to check my files, my ringtone and notification media were already in the internal storage. So I thought maybe if I move them to my SD card it would be different..lol..

I'm still having the same problem. I made my own ringtones and notifications using mp3 ringtone maker. Any other ideas?