Phone died and won't turn on! Help!

mozimask

Reaction score
It happened a few days ago, my phone suddenly became heated (while sitting on the couch in air conditioning) and the battery drained quickly, I put it into the charger but it drained faster than charged, when it got to about 20-30% I turned the phone off to cool down.
Ever since I couldn't turn it back on! I tried resetting with holding hold+volume down, up, both, none, everything!
It doesn't show a thing when it's connected to the wall, when I connect it via USB to PC it shows a white light on the side but nothing else happens, and the computer doesn't recognize it.
Anyone? I really don't know what to do. And it's not a contract phone, there's no company I can return it to.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
When you say you "put it into the charger" do you mean you are using a non-standard charger? Or did you mean you plugged it into the standard charger? The first thing I would try would be another charger.

Plugging into the USB port can take a bit longer to charge too, so maybe give it a bit more time before you try to turn it on.

From past experinece, one of the things that made my phone very hot and drained the battery really fast was uploading a lot of pictures or a large video.

David

OP
M

mozimask

Reaction score
i have tried many chargers, the original one too.
I tried to connect it to the computer for more than 5 hours.
I am sure the chargers work since i tried other phones and it charges them.
nothing works.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Moving this thread to the Smartphone Battery Discussion forum. This is almost definitely a battery meter that's out of calibration. My friends here who know me well can walk you through it. :biggrin:

shameronsho

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me, wont turn on and white light comes on when I plug it into a charger. This may or may not be helpful to you but i think it fixes itself on its own. I was going to send it into motorolla to get it looked at but completely spaced out on it and it was just sitting around for a month or so. Oddly enough the other day I try to power it on and everything works, just got back from verizon to get a new sim card. same as you trying to do a reboot would do nothing, i would just wait around a few days and see if you can get it back on.