PDAnet vs EasyTether

Diordna

Reaction score
Have the free version of PDAnet and EasyTether.

I love how PDAnet lets you receive and reply to SMS from the PC, that is way to awesome! But what other differences do they have, and what do you use and why that instead of the other?

I would just root and wifi tether it but me not so good with this whole rooting thing sadly.. =/

davoz28

Reaction score
PDAnet for the same reason. Also easy on screen data usage. (Im lazy i know)

pigpen

Reaction score
I use easytether ... couldn't get pdanet to work. I'm using XP sp3. I paid for the full version of easytether, once i got it working. I'm getting a new thinkpad tomorrow with win7 pro so we'll see how that goes.

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
If you follow the directions on pdanet on the phone and computer side it will work. Works great and fast for me.

jackmccarron

Reaction score
Have the free version of PDAnet and EasyTether.

I love how PDAnet lets you receive and reply to SMS from the PC, that is way to awesome! But what other differences do they have, and what do you use and why that instead of the other?

I would just root and wifi tether it but me not so good with this whole rooting thing sadly.. =/

Are you sure that you CAN'T receive and reply to SMS using easytether? I haven't tried either, but would expect since both apps are just passing the internet capability to the pc from the phone that either would work with SMS.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Are you sure that you CAN'T receive and reply to SMS using easytether? I haven't tried either, but would expect since both apps are just passing the internet capability to the pc from the phone that either would work with SMS.

I think you missed a part. With PDANet when you recieve a text it appears on your computer monitor. You don't have to pick up your phone to see the text, it appears in a little pop-up window in the corner of the screen. I believe you can reply from your computer also. I don't know if Easytether does that.

jackmccarron

Reaction score
That's cool. Wonder if EasyTether will do it? I like ET just cuz it's cheaper. Any other features you know that PDAnet has that ET doesn't?

Thx, Jack

jetman

Reaction score
I have Windows XP with SP3 and PDAnet works great with my laptop. It is MUCH better than my old Verizon Wireless air card used to be. It connects about 20 times faster too. I really like the SMS feature with PDAnet. the first time I got a text while using my laptop it scared the **** out of me. I had no idea it would do that. It makes texting much easier than the Droid keyboard. The only thing is your incoming texts are on your phone but your replies aren't in your "threads" though. I paid the $18 for the full version and it's a true bargain.... especially compared to the $60/mo I was paying for the air card.

jackmccarron

Reaction score
Looks like PDAnet has the advantage when considering the texting feature. Since I rarely use texting, and my VZW plan charges 20 cents per message, I'm going to stick with EasyTether.

Thanks for the help!
Jack