PDAnet vs. Easy Tether

Marlowr05

Reaction score
Ok so I am a little confused about something. I have the AD-free application on my phone which works great and I love it. I have found something where if i'm using PDAnet to tether on my phone, I do not get any ads on my PC when visiting websites and what not. Its also the same when using the wireless tether for root. But when I am using easytether I get so many ad's and popups... Why is it when I use easy tether it does this and PDAnet/wireless tether does not??? Thanks again

P.S. I posted this on android forums over 2 days ago and not one response so I'm asking the question on here lol. But this is my new home anyway due to alldroid.org closing and what not. Thanks again.

dverplank

Reaction score
Spyware on your computer? I don't think your method of connection would effect this.

OP
M

Marlowr05

Reaction score
Spyware on your computer? I don't think your method of connection would effect this.

well it's really weird, I use PDAnet and the wireless (root) program to use the web and both work fine. But when I use easy tether i get ads like the program (ad-free) on my droid doesn't work with easy tether but yet it does seem to work with PDAnet and wireless tether.

scanlonl

Reaction score
PDAnet vs Easytether

Since you have used both, do you notice a difference in speed between the two? I made the mistake of getting into Hughes net out here in Oldfield and have hated from day one. We recently got the Droids and hooked up with Easytether (cheaper) but it is as slow as the Hughes. DSL one mile up the road! Com'on Century Tel!