Password protect individual apps?

hobby31

Reaction score
Try "app protector pro". I use it and it allows you to password protect apps. I currently have handcent and my gmail locked with it. I pretty sure you can do any app as when you open it you can bring up a list of your apps and just check the ones you want to protect.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
does app protector ask for a password everytime you try to use that app? I text ALOT and i would like to keep curious minds out of my texts (had an incident before and didn't end well), but i don't want to enter a password everytime i send a text.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Cheatsalot will hide/block texts and calls from your significant other(s). I'm not using it at the moment, but it did come in handy a few months ago when I was being a man whore (not literally, but figuratively)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
does app protector ask for a password everytime you try to use that app? I text ALOT and i would like to keep curious minds out of my texts (had an incident before and didn't end well), but i don't want to enter a password everytime i send a text.

Take a look at Protector in addition to App Protector. They are very similar apps. In fact, I think the fact that there are two of them is the result of a falling out among the original set of developers. I don't recall which, but one unlocks an app until the phone is rebooted and the other requires the app to be unlocked each time it is used.

At least that's the way it was a couple of months ago. They may behave identically now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Protector works great! only comes back on when i put the phone to sleep, great app!

thanks for the recommendations!