Party shuffle randomness

justbob

Reaction score
Anyone else use the party shuffle mode on the music player? I've been noticing that it's not as random as I would hope. Even though I have about 30-40 CDs it seems to to favor 5 or 6. I know computers suck at generating random numbers but this is really kind of annoying.

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
Thats a complaint i have as well... it seems to favor a few songs or bands... granted... they are good songs and bands of course... but i wish it was a bit more random...

stemiched89

Reaction score
is there any kind of solution to this? i have multiple bands with 4-5 albums from each band, but yet it seems to favor 1 of those 3.
is there any way to keep it on normal shuffle and not party shuffle? mine always seems to turn itself to party shuffle.

NBAJWill55

Reaction score
Definitely a problem. Try going to your Songs menu, Menu button, Shuffle All. IMO I still think there's still a song or 2 hiding, but its much better than party shuffle.

stemiched89

Reaction score
even if u set it on regular shuffle, if u bearly tap your headphones jack and it pauses, it will put itself into party shuffle

last night on regular shuffle it would pause at the end of every song, i had to click next.

butch350

Reaction score
Definitely a problem. Try going to your Songs menu, Menu button, Shuffle All. IMO I still think there's still a song or 2 hiding, but its much better than party shuffle.

I to use shuffle mode over party mix - how does the droid determine
what songs are party songs.

I have the same problem as some of you but i just use shuffle and skip party.

dblosmith

Reaction score
if u bearly tap your headphones jack and it pauses, it will put itself into party shuffle.

I hate this!!!! I'll be an hour and a half into a 3 hour podcast and accidentally look at my headphone jack wrong and it'll go into party shuffle playing a random song on my players. It's so aggravating. Have you found a solution to that?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Hate that Party Shuffle.
I changed it to shuffle all to see how this works. It did go to a new song....

T

typo04

I had the exact same problem and I found a solution that worked for me. Its unfortunate Google hasn't fix this by now but anyway I downloaded both Tunewiki and "3" Music Player to my droid and used Tunewiki for my music. Songs played through my car AUX without a shuffle or skip...Hope this works for those with this VERY annoying problem.