Pandora and music apps closing.

Darksthour

Reaction score
So I have been running UD nightly from 2/22 since it came out and its running great and I love how fast it is. But when I use my phone to listen to music at work (which I do a lot) Pandora closes on me after a few songs or if I'm listening to music on Winamp and I go to open another app that stops playing. Whenever I go back to my phone the app shows that its still running in the status bar but it pauses. So when I open the app again it has to reload. I did a clean install of the Rom wiping cache data system dalvik cache and all that good stuff. I restored my apps using the android market and only restored the data on certain apps like games and my sms messages. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if something similar is happening to them and knows of a fix. I was kind of thinking about how I heard GB was a memory hog and if that was part of the problem so in Pandora's settings I enabled the option to keep it in the memory but that didn't work.

webb34

Reaction score
This could be a few things but my guess is either your ROM is a bit iffy or if I'm doing something with data and I try to send a text or call someone, my phone can't do both so it stops the data for a bit. I hope this helps :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chewy74

Reaction score
Its GB's memory consumption...it will start shutting off/killing apps when you run RAM intensive things like streaming music. It happens to me on a few apps that are ongoing...i would open a browser to and surf around (nothing intense) and it would shut down those ongoing apps one by one after about 10 mins of surfing.

OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
Wow that's really annoying. Is that just because of 2.3 being run on the Droid 1 or could there be a fix in the rom itself?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pandora & other apps need to be updated for GB. Write the app devs if you want it fixed.

OP
Darksthour

Darksthour

Reaction score
Well then. That makes sense now that you said that.

petjakob

Reaction score
I really did not think there was any difference to service handling in 2.3 in looking through the developer documentation but today I did have trillian crash even though it's set to foreground mode (that's what the ongoing notification state means) while browsing. I will report back any further findings, maybe there is some type of manifest declaration you need now to use foreground effectively

Rodeojones

Reaction score
This happens to me all the time with the stock music app. It's impossible for me to listen to music and use the browser at the same time. Doing so kills the music. And, from what I've read elsewhere, this is because of how memory intesive GB is as well as the fact that the built-in task killer is more aggressive. Project Elite's newest update (5.0.2) has an option to add two additional custom apps to "keep in memory" like we have with the keep home in memory and keep messaging in memory options. I tried it out and it works great, but I cannot keep PE on my phone for long because of the lack themes that I actually like.