Navigation and Music?

Nblufire12

Reaction score
hey all

so im running UD 3.1.1 and when i was driving i needed some navigation. destination was an hour and a half away so i tried to listen to some music as well

whenever i started the navigation and tried to listen to music, it would keep turning off the music when i would switch back to the turn by turn navigation

it used to work, how come not anymore?

thanks!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
You aren't alone. I've had the same problem too. I just turn the volume of my navigation all the way down and i can still play the music, although it would be nice to have the navigation volume and music on at the same time and have them work together nicely...

Play a jam!

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
What happened?

It used to work, is it UD? Because it used to work on Bugless Beast

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I remember when I first rooted my D1, back before UD was in the 1.x.x stages, this was the reason I came to UD. I remember flashing Sapphire and loving the ROM until i came across this very same problem we are discussing. That's when I decided to give UD a try, and I found that UD didn't have this issue. I've been with UD ever since. It's kinda bumming me out that it doesn't seem to work right anymore, and I don't know why. Are we the only ones experiencing this issue? How come it worked before, but doesn't work right now? I guess I have the same questions as you.

Play a jam!

broosewee

Reaction score
This happens to me too. Actually, it happens even when Navigation is off and i'm just listening casually although that's more rare. It used to happen much more often in the early GB ROMs. Yes, super annoying.

Lately, it's been better. I would say better memory management, smarter kernels and generally stable ROMs helped a lot. It still happens once in a while though.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
No it just doesnt work.

Everytime i turn on my music and turn on navigation it turns off the music.

I can't have that...!

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Works for me on 3.1.1. Had this issue back in the day but it was resolved.

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 Incredible

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Did u install 3.1.1 over another build of UD? I'd try a full wipe and reinstall UD 3.1.1 from scratch if you haven't already.

Sent from my Ultimate 2.3.3 Incredible

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It sounds like the music app is being killed by android.

This used to happen on 2.2 with me at times. 2.3 is known for its aggressive task killer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App