Package file issues, gmail, voice search, youtube. Can't update

Valvoline

Reaction score
Liberty GB v0.9.

Can't update gmail, voice search or youtube.
It says package file not signed.
Is this a known issue?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since you're using liberty I assume the apps are themed and modded when you do this to an app you have to resign the app with a test key so the signature will be different from the market version as the keys all differ.

To update you'll simply need to uninstall the apps and reinstall from the market

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

OP
Valvoline

Valvoline

Reaction score
That seems like am ready enough solution, however now I'm SOL.
uninstalled gmail, tried re downloading out from the market and now it says incompatible update and I done have gmail anymore.
Don't seem to have a backup either, wtf

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That seems like am ready enough solution, however now I'm SOL.
uninstalled gmail, tried re downloading out from the market and now it says incompatible update and I done have gmail anymore.
Don't seem to have a backup either, wtf

Hmm never heard of incompatible update before why would it show you that in the market but I mean you can get the apk almost any where online you can get themed versions like the one you probably had in liberty. But I wonder why it's saying update you're not updating you're installing fresh try rebooting your phone and installing from the market.

Otherwise if you want the one from liberty again just pull it from the liberty zip put it on your sdcard and with root explorer or whatever file browser you use browse to it select it and install it

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update liberty. .09 was an alpha release I believe. Its already been updated a few times.

OP
Valvoline

Valvoline

Reaction score
yup, obvious brain poot.

dl'd apk, runs fine. thanks