overclockign help 1.5

searayman

Reaction score
I tried overclockign on the older rom to and it also didnt work. I overclock my droid with low volt and when ever I do this and try to go above 1ghz it goes super slow, and lags a ton!

SCDroid

Reaction score
Pretty sure it means your phone doesn't like to be overclocked. I can only go up to 1.1ghz, anything over makes mine lag and freeze.

turdbogls

Reaction score
same here. i got it to go to 1.25ghz at stock voltage, then it just shut down and rebooted. i have since uninstalled DX overclock.....so sad :(

FWIW, 1.1ghz was not at all noticable as a performance gain.

kkinderen

Reaction score
Pretty sure it means your phone doesn't like to be overclocked. I can only go up to 1.1ghz, anything over makes mine lag and freeze.

That sounds right to me. My old DX would not OC above 1 GHz at any voltage. I broke the screen and got an insurance replacement (obviously used), but can OC it to 1.35 GHz LV. I understand it has to do with the variance in chip manufacturing.

The only real place I see OC making any kind of difference is with Quadrant or LinPack. Other than that - running anywhere from 900 to 1.35 seems unnoticeable to me... except battery life maybe.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
well can i at least underclok? is there anyway to tell if my sleep profile of underclockign is working?

kkinderen

Reaction score
I've never had a problem underclocking though I noticed <900 I would start to see a little choppiness. Not sure this would be necessary for you. Your clock should drop to something like 400 MHz when the phone is not in use.

So I'm running Droid Overclock on my X. When I go into it and select the top option, CPU Frequency Scaling, the big numbers at the top are my current frequency (currently 400 MHz). If I do anything like hit the popup slider on the right, the freq jumps up to 1300 and then right back down to 400. You kinda have to make the phone do something to get it to come off its lowest (idle) freq. My governor is set to ondemand. I guess that means it idles at the lowest and only comes up to speed when it needs to.

Hope that helps a little.

mcp770

Reaction score
Try an app called quickclock. It looks like it was made for an atari but it runs your cpu through a series of voltage and clocks to see what the lowest/highest values your phone can take. Then gives you profile options to pick like battery saver settings, balanced, performance etc. mine leveled out at 1.265 with fairly low voltage. Battery life and heat are great. Phone is speedy and lag free. The jrummy app is great too with a much better laid out interface. Just doesn't test your phone for you.