overclock

bobbyj408

Reaction score
hi,

new to a d2, i have been with a d1 for a while now. when i install this rom, how would i go about overclocking it? would i use the setcpu app or some other method? would i need to get a different kernel to be able to expand the max cpu speed?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well u can do it with droid 2 overclock from the market or threw gscript that installes when u install squids ROM

Tappen and Talken

mkw87

Reaction score
hi,

new to a d2, i have been with a d1 for a while now. when i install this rom, how would i go about overclocking it? would i use the setcpu app or some other method? would i need to get a different kernel to be able to expand the max cpu speed?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

You can use setcpu to help underclock / set profiles, and you might be able to use it to OC if you set frequencies manually. I haven't tried to OC yet bc the phone is plenty fast enough at 1 GHz.

You can also use squidly's rom which comes with gscripts lite.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Set CPU is alright but D2 overclock is much better u can set voltage and all that with just 2 touches I would just grab that 1

Tappen and Talken

mr. vegas

Reaction score
You can't use setcpu to overclock, you have to use a overclock app, then if you want you can use setcpu afterwards for profiles.... if you just want to use setcpu, otherwise its worthless.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lizard

Reaction score
Sorry pic is crap, tried drocap and screenshots, guess ill try shoot me next (no fun intended)!

Fyi: I used script to oc but set cpu will now control speed based on profiles/sliders until I reboot, from 300Mhz-1.1Ghz. In that sense and that sense only it will oc.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid 2 using Tapatalk Pro and setcpu.

cellu1

Reaction score
I use SetCPU for the profiles and have been unable to set the max speed past 1.0. I am OC at 1.2 through squids. Are these two things working against each other?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mkw87

Reaction score
I use SetCPU for the profiles and have been unable to set the max speed past 1.0. I am OC at 1.2 through squids. Are these two things working against each other?

Odds are they might be. I also use setcpu for the profiles, but that's because I am not using scripts to OC. If you just use the script you can set your low speed and it will scale down when not in use. There is probably even a way to set "freq when screen = off" but I am not sure.

lizard

Reaction score
You sure can.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

cellu1

Reaction score
So I guess I can uninstall SetCPU. Can anyone recomend a good looking CPU display widget?