Overclock max on Inc?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright sorry if this answer is right in front of my eyes, but I couldn't find it. I am maybe thinking about getting an incredible...

What can it be overclocked too?

Is it necessary to overclock a device past 1.1ghz?

sent from my rooted nook color

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Necessary all depends on what you think. Is the phone laggy, stuttery, slower than your friends 'lesser' droid phone? or are you a performance enthusiast who just wants the max possible from it?

The maximum safe speed varies from phone to phone. Some of them can hit 1.4 Ghz+, and some will freeze or 'turtle' before reaching 1.2. That being said, the increase in heat and electron flow that the phone wasnt specifically designed for can prematurely wear down the hardware and/or your battery. So take caution! And know that you can potentially permanently damage it.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Isn't the default clock speed is 1ghz. I doubt 100mhz more can make a difference

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Literally 10% of a difference lol. But that extra 10% in speed could equal a more than 10% loss in battery life, the life of the phone, or stability.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My droid1 only has a 550mhz processor and I have it clocked to 1.1ghz but can't go past that. I thought maybe since the inc had a 1ghz processor already it could be clocked much past that?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The OG droid is an anomaly of sorts, the processor by design could reach well past the initial 600 mhz that TI marketed.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The OG droid is an anomaly of sorts, the processor by design could reach well past the initial 600 mhz that TI marketed.

Not by design, by over-designing.

An Incredible can't do 1200mhz without getting hot, a Droid can also do 1200+ but will also get hot.

With my deprimed kernel I run my Droid @ 900mhz with the same voltage the stock Motorola kernel runs @550mhz. It is an amazing piece of silicon.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. So is it safe to say that the rooted and oc'd og droid is just as fast as anything that is out now? I wonder if any newer phones will be faster or need to be faster. I also heard that sense is snappier than blur.