Overclocking DX (Rubix 1.9 Leaked)

marmst

Reaction score
New to the Droid X, I came over from the D1 and had it rooted/OC'd. I have one question about the DX. I was able to root it and everything works fine, Rubix 1.9 is working perfectly (thanks!).

How do you overclock the DX? I can't find any kernels, and set CPU is only letting me go to 1ghz max. Can anyone please shed some light on what I have to do to overclock my phone? Thank you in advance (sorry I'm a nub at the DX).

OP
M

marmst

Reaction score
Nevermind, downloaded Jrummy's Overclock. One other question though.

Whenever I run quadrant, I get an "Internal error during benchmark execution" on step 11 of 12 on the CPU test. I read that this could be due to a kernal issue. Does anyone know any solutions to this? Or where I can get a different Kernel for my DX?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Nevermind, downloaded Jrummy's Overclock. One other question though.

Whenever I run quadrant, I get an "Internal error during benchmark execution" on step 11 of 12 on the CPU test. I read that this could be due to a kernal issue. Does anyone know any solutions to this? Or where I can get a different Kernel for my DX?

Odd. I haven't seen this. I can run quadrant just fine, so not sure why that is happening. Quadrant scores, however, mean absolutely nothing. I can tell you what you are probably scoring though :p If you are running 1.9.0 at 1 GHz you are running between 1350-1450. If you overclock to 1.2 GHz, you are probably around 1600.

OP
M

marmst

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Yeah, it's a very strange error. Tried rebooting/re-installing.. dunno whats up. I have the same kernel as always, so I'm starting to think it's not a kernel issue. Oh well. Phone is still lightning fast though, so I guess thats all that matters.

pandapaul

Reaction score
New to the Droid X, I came over from the D1 and had it rooted/OC'd. I have one question about the DX. I was able to root it and everything works fine, Rubix 1.9 is working perfectly (thanks!).

How do you overclock the DX? I can't find any kernels, and set CPU is only letting me go to 1ghz max. Can anyone please shed some light on what I have to do to overclock my phone? Thank you in advance (sorry I'm a nub at the DX).

As others suggested, you can use the apps on the market. They implement a kernel module, which is described in more detail here: Droid X 2.2 Overclock (Kernel Module w/Instructions) - Android Forums

I highly recommend reading that post by Freewell.

Also, I highly recommend downloading QuickClock from the Market. It is an app I just released to help everyone figure out their ideal frequency/voltage settings. Make sure you read all the instructions in the app. If you follow the directions within the app, you'll save yourself a whole lot of time and random reboots.

EDIT: QuickClock Advanced now takes care of... well, pretty much everything for you haha. So there's no longer a need to have additional tools as I had previously stated.

Last edited: