Outgoing e-mails not sending on Droid 2

iusales

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid 2, when I try to reply to e-mail they will not send and stay in the outbox. I can receive e-mails fine however. The e-mail is through a company fuse webmail server. I have talked to both verizon tech support and cincinnati bell fuse, neither can come up with an answer and simply say to call the other person and that the problem is on the other's end. I have tried several different ports and smtp server possibilites, as well as trying K-9 mail. The tech at the verzion store thought that the problem might be that the domain name is the comany name.net instead of a simple fuse.net account but didn't know how to fix it if that was somehow the case. Not sure where to go from here.

amyh

Reaction score
Same thing was happening to me while trying to send (receiving was fine!) work email on my Droid Incredible through home wifi. If I drove down the road and out of range of my wifi - the email messages would send immediately. Work told me the outgoing server port (143) needed to be enabled but when I called Verizon Fios (my internet provider) they told me that the outgoing server must be outgoing.verizon.net (port 587). However, I send and received both Hotmail and Gmail on my device and the outgoing server isn't verizon.net!? In the end, they weren't able to (or just didn't want to) enable that port and I couldn't figure out port enabling/forwarding when I logged into my router. I hope we get an answer! Any body?