Otterbox Case Available Now for Samsung Fascinate!

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Otterbox Case Available Now for Samsung Fascinate! (Picture Heavy)

Otterbox finally has a case for the Fasinate. I have been waiting for awhile now, cant wait to get my hands on this.

They are also working on a defender case for it as well but there is no date set.

sam4-fasci-20.jpg

Link: View case on Otterbox.com

Has anyone had experience with Otterbox cases? My buddy has the iphone case and it is fantastic.

Last edited:
OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Well, Otterbox responded to my facebook posting about the back cover and how it covers half of the speaker. Here is there response:

Otterbox:

"OK, here's the scoop. Engineering did notice on a few devices that there was not perfect alignment. They commenced with full testing and determined that this did not affect device functionality at all, so those cases did ship. There has been a revision to fix since, but this should be a visual issue only. PLEASE let us know if you are finding an issue with your functionality at all!"

So im waiting to hear back as to when they will have the new corrected version out.

Can you post pictures of your case when you get them and let us know if it has that problem?

OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Update: i read on another forum from the user: SupraLance

"Note the model number for sale on Amazon:
Item model number: SAM4FASCI20E4OTR
The model number for sale at Otterbox.com for $6 more is:
SKU: SAM4-FASCI-20-E4OTR_A

The _A at the end means this is a revised case, with a larger speaker opening to line up better with the Fascinate's speaker. This is merely cosmetic, and may or may not be worth the extra $6 to you."

So it may appear that they fixed the issue, i will put my order in and see if they fixed it.

OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Use Coupon Code: DiveShowOtter to save 20%

Marklar45

Reaction score
Cool Order Total: $27.96 free shipping I ordered one from the otterbox site.

OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Nice, i ordered 2, one for the wife and I

OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Below are some better pictures of the case. Hopefully they will look just as good when i get mine.

sam4-fasci-20.jpg

sam4-fasci-20-1.jpg

sam4-fasci-20-2.jpg

sam4-fasci-20-3.jpg

sam4-fasci-20-4.jpg

CouchSpud

Reaction score
I just want to give you guys a heads up. The speaker hole doesn't line up. It's a couple millimeters too low and covers up half of the speaker. It doesn't really have any affect on the sound, but if you're picky, you might have a problem with it.

Last edited:
OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
Got mine and its true, they havent fixed the speaker issue on the back cover, im picky and its annoying but the case is amazing.

OP
gamegod2x

gamegod2x

Reaction score
complianed about the speaker issue on the cover and got a call that they have the fixed cases and will send out the corrected case. I will give an update when i get them. Hopefully it was fixed.

KazuoX

Reaction score
As of 12/11/2010, Otterbox is temporarily out of stock, but they also have update the SKU: SAM4-FASCI-20-E4OTR_B

Perhaps the B indicates the actual revised edition of the case. Whatever the reason, I know I'll be ordering one when I get the email saying that they're back in stock.

shanewprice

Reaction score
The fact that Otterbox is finally releasing a case for the Fascinate is some good news. I can hardly wait. These are the absolute best cases I have ever owned. The Body Glove comes in a close second.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
This shell/holster with swivel clip from Verizon is $29.99, search (Part#SAMI500HOC) on the Verizon site.

I've been wearing it for a month: it's rugged, won't come off if dropped, and adds a nice feel to the Fascinate. It took a couple weeks to break it in (sliding the phone out was tough at first) but now it's gunslinger-ready. It also makes the phone look really attractive.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App