OTA update?

Natey2

Reaction score
It's not like Verizon is going to find out you're rooted and come to your door with baseball bats and make you SBF back to stock. I wouldn't worry. lol

No but if they suspect your rooted they may watch your data usage like a hawk

And they may begin to throttle your bandwidth like they mention in the last paragraph of http://tinyurl.com/vzwtos

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Scubamike

Reaction score
Not reliable

Disregard the "pushed back to the 26th" post. You're dead before you ever even know a ninja is in the room with you. Idle banter about Android updates with ninjas never happens. I don't care who you are.

Scubamike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scubamike
Quote:
Ninja .
Disregard the "pushed back to the 26th" post. You're dead before you ever even know a ninja is in the room with you. Idle banter about Android updates with ninjas never happens. I don't care who you are.
Huh?......

Seriously? Read posts 17, 18 and 19.

Last edited:

ras0787

Reaction score
Ninja says he's on vacation...I'll believe it when I see proof that there is a set date.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Taking the OTA for DX 596 makes as much sense as sticking hot knitting needles in your eyes.

Don't do it period...Unless you need VZW's loser apps.:icon_eek::icon_eek:

ras0787

Reaction score
Taking the OTA for DX 596 makes as much sense as sticking hot knitting needles in your eyes.

lol haha wow thats funny

Natey2

Reaction score

I'd rather take the Verizon OTA than some of these "leaked" Gingerbread builds floating around.

kdkinc

Reaction score

I'd rather take the Verizon OTA than some of these "leaked" Gingerbread builds floating around.

That's what make sites like this so great.
Its YOUR phone so we can do what we wish. All is good .
I've had nothing but good experiences with GB.
At present I'm using GB .595 running LexLite GB 4.5 from DrewGaren.
When ever I do SBF back to .340 and see City ID, NFS, and other IMHO VZW ATM money making crapware it gives me a severe case of the farts. Even the damn dog leaves the room.
:):)

Natey2

Reaction score

When ever I do SBF back to .340 and see City ID, NFS, and other IMHO VZW ATM money making crapware it gives me a severe case of the farts. Even the damn dog leaves the room.

I did not pick an Android phone to make this (or any other) site a great place, even though it would sound like a good PR/Marketing statement to make around here. I picked an Android phone as an alternative to my previous Windows Mobile phone.
If I had a serious vendetta against the Carrier and their preinstalled "bloatware", I would get a Google/Nexus phone and install AOSP Android, not hack the Carrier's phone/installation.

kdkinc

Reaction score

I did not pick an Android phone to make this (or any other) site a great place, even though it would sound like a good PR/Marketing statement to make around here. I picked an Android phone as an alternative to my previous Windows Mobile phone.
If I had a serious vendetta against the Carrier and their preinstalled "bloatware", I would get a Google/Nexus phone and install AOSP Android, not hack the Carrier's phone/installation.

There you go you proved my point. Thank You.
Freedom of choice I love it.
Best to you !!