1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OTA vs Rooted .596

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cjriddle22, Jun 1, 2011.

1. cjriddle22

cjriddle22 New Member

My original plan was to install the OTA, root it, make a backup, then install the newest version of LGB. With all the talk of the OTA being "unrootable," can Verizon tell which version of GB we have installed (OTA vs rooted .596)? I keep hearing whispers of this rooted list also (if you never accept the OTA).

I am currently running the Liberty GB (v0.5, .591 leak), but traditionally I like to make a backup of complete stock for future updates. It's kind of like my very own personal SBF..

It makes me think they can't tell b/c you have to use stock recovery to flash the rooted .596. Just wanting to get some opinions on the subject.